Forums

Jagex Launcher not launching..

Quick find code: 409-410-412-66265738

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Instead of the Jagex Launcher coming up for me to play the game, I get an error message telling me to check my connections.

I have not changed my connections and, prior to today's update, the Jagex Launcher was working fine.

What is this about; and will it be fixed soon? (I can still login to game via old "windows client" I used for years.)
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

02-Nov-2022 01:18:06

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

I uninstalled this "Jagex Launcher" and found its "set up" still in my download folder. So I double clicked it to re-install it onto this computer. I get the message RS site is not responding. Now what?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!

04-Nov-2022 00:58:38

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Problem solved.... I went to the following URL

https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4431227961489-Jagex-Launcher-FAQ#_ga=2.48430433.65659000.1653726625-1833776984.1653726624

Then downloaded the launcher and installed it. Afterward I discovered the "runescape launcher" was, also, re-installed. All this got me back into the game.

What I discovered upon entering the game was, though all in bank and on person was as I had left it, the cursor was "customized"; so this is giving me a bit of discomfort. Also everything was extra slow at showing up for awhile; however I suspect this is because the cache had been cleared. So all is well.............

05-Nov-2022 06:38:01

Rin_Hagane
Feb Member 2023

Rin_Hagane

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm seeing the same error whenever I open the Jagex Launcher for the 1st time after booting up my windows 10 PC. I've seen official instructions stating that its reliant on the Java version, however that would be impossible for a software engineer (like myself) who relies on a certain version of the Java JDK for their work on the same PC to change. no other game I've ever played has ever given me such a headache with bugs that seem like they could be so easily avoided other than RS3 and OSRS.... programming is just the act of 1st writing new code, everything that follows is called "Debugging" and that doesn't mean slap a patch on it and call it good.... what happens to a life raft that's been only repaired with patches for a very long time? it eventually becomes made of 100% patches and barely any of the original raft remains... software is the same way. its something that I noticed Jagex's programmers do too often and they need to cut that out :( .....

I have found a temporary fix for this issue but I sure hope Jagex makes a permanent fix for this asap.... my solution I've found is to simply be patient and keep force ending the running instances of the Launcher via Task Manager and retrying to run the Launcher after force ending the tasks until it finally opens properly.

06-May-2023 16:55:11

Quick find code: 409-410-412-66265738 Back to Top