Forums

Game client resource use

Quick find code: 409-410-396-66269101

Zompire
Sep Member 2006

Zompire

Posts: 1,845 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some time ago (months) there was an update that started causing some lag for me. Until then the game ran flawless for me. Since then, its gotten worse, to the point where its hard to play. Extremely long load times when teleporting, or loading anything in game.

When I first start the client, looking at the resource manager for my computer I can see that it is nearly maxing out use of my CPU and Disk. As mentioned when teleporting or doing something in game that requires some loading, it does the same thing, CPU and Disk jump way up in use. The Runescape client is the only program/app on my computer that has this problem. Already cleared cache, things like that.

Long story short I was tired of dealing with it so I backed up some info, did a disk format and reinstalled everything new, downloaded the client. Even with everything fresh, the client is still pulling a huge amount of resources from the computer. This possibly tells me something on my computer isnt compatible with the game client.

Its not my hardware
Cleared caches
Software on my end is fresh
Game client is the only program having issues
Not my internet, client runs perfect on my other computer

Anyway, anyone have any ideas, checks, fixes, suggestions?

Win 10
Graphics drivers are up to date
All other drivers and software are up to date

Thank you.

14-Dec-2022 12:58:42

Dulcis Nex
Dec Member 2021

Dulcis Nex

Posts: 2,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I seem to have the exact same problem. No idea what change -client or local- might have started it because I took a break from the game 3+ months ago and came back to this.

The RS3 client is giving a huge, huge workload to my GPU and CPU to the point the client often freezes on teleports and is sluggish elsewise. My GPU goes to 0 usage during the freezing, and the CPU takes it all but thats not the problem so much as the workloads themselves (although I wonder whether its the client disregarding the dGPU or not?).

I've tried everything you did as well as reverting NVIDIA drivers just to be sure, had no background software or non-system processes running. Now that I know I'm not the only one and its not a Win7 thing I am fairly certain at this point its a Jagex problem.

Intel i6700k
NVIDIA GTX 1080
Windows 7

All fairly standard, benchmarked and everything is performing almost as good as new and no problems with any other software including games that should be a lot more demanding...

As for contacting Jagex, its like trying to start a conversation with a brickwall. I made my report ingame, tried their official discord where jmods very occasionally post. I can only suggest a very detailed ingame report as it may at some point be read.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

18-Dec-2022 16:52:50

Quick find code: 409-410-396-66269101 Back to Top