Forums

posting for my son

Quick find code: 409-410-373-66281074

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My son has played this game over 20 yrs as have I. We both joined & got into members way back in early 2000, I think around 2003.

My son had an email address with yahoo that he no longer can get into. This means he has not been able to change his email address or even put up a "registered" email for his character in the game. Now with the Jagex Account situation coming into play, he cannot connect his "one" character in the game with a Jagex Account because of this email situation.

How can this be resolved without his losing his 20-year character?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

02-Jun-2023 00:36:22

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 24,800 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Provided he can still log into the account and play the game, I'd just get a new email address (like with Gmail or something) which would be specifically for RS.

Then go through the account migration process, using the new email for the Jagex Account.

Once completed, the account will be set up, and have a new email to use for the account and proceed on fine.

-----

If he cant log in atm and needing to get that solved also, he'd have to do an account recovery with a new email address. once successful, it will have that email applied, and then can go through the migration process.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

02-Jun-2023 00:41:38

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes he still plays the game and has no problems getting into the game. He has tried getting a new email address for the one character he has; and the old email address is required to do so. Herein lies the problem in that he cannot get into the old one...that old email has been unavailable for over 15 yrs.

What he is considering doing is to create a brand new character to play RuneScape, setting it up with a new email; then connecting that new RS character to Jagex as the Jagex Account. Then linking the character he is now playing with (only one he has) to that Jagex Account. Seems like a waste but he needs to do something to continue playing this game; else when the time comes that being connected to a Jagex Account is the only way to get to play, he will no longer be able to play.

Another question: Can other characters be connected to the Jagex Account even though they still use a "user name (not an email)" to play?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!

02-Jun-2023 01:22:21

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

There's no need to make a new runescape character. Just go through the Jagex Account upgrade process with a new email address. When the setup is complete, it'll import the old account over and the new email is used instead. From then on, you'll just use the new email.

Atm the only lockout would be for marketing emails. If he wants those going to the new email also, then you'd have to have him do an account recovery to have it changed. Otherwise, it'll be fine doing this.

jodie said :
Another question: Can other characters be connected to the Jagex Account even though they still use a "user name (not an email)" to play?
Yes. We're migrating to a new account system. Any account that's yours, you can add them to be characters of the new account. The old login type doesnt matter as that system is entirely being replaced with this new one.
"No."[1]

02-Jun-2023 01:32:44 - Last edited on 02-Jun-2023 01:40:21 by YtHaar-Mej

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

My son is trying that "upgrade" now hoping it will go thru "without" having to connect to that old (non-existing) email.

He just tried it. He was logged into his one character and attempted to "upgrade" to a Jagex Account. He put in a new (valid and working) email and got the message "...you're login or password is not correct. Please try again."

02-Jun-2023 03:18:40

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

jodie said :
My son is trying that "upgrade" now hoping it will go thru "without" having to connect to that old (non-existing) email.

He just tried it. He was logged into his one character and attempted to "upgrade" to a Jagex Account. He put in a new (valid and working) email and got the message "...you're login or password is not correct. Please try again."

You do not have to interact with the registered email of a RuneScape account to upgrade it to a Jagex Account.

Where is the error occurring? When setting up the account, you enter the new email + date of birth, then you have to confirm the new email, then set up a new password, then the jagex account name, then sign in with the new credentials, and then the account is imported.

After which, you'd log in with the new email address and password on the website or the launcher; and any password changes, or email authentication, would go through the new email.
"No."[1]

02-Jun-2023 03:35:59 - Last edited on 02-Jun-2023 03:36:32 by YtHaar-Mej

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

My son asks me to convey his thanks and appreciation for all your help in getting this straightened out. The problem he found was in the login as he did not see where he could use his "user name" instead of an email address to log in. Once that was discovered the process to set up the Jagex Account went smoothly.

He then downloaded the Jagex Launcher and everything is working fine. He has already entered the game to play. :)

P.S. He said he also got his 2 golden cape shards. :)

02-Jun-2023 04:23:07

Quick find code: 409-410-373-66281074 Back to Top