Forums

Jagex launcher issue

Quick find code: 409-410-324-66260372

Lord_Kayos
Nov Member 2023

Lord_Kayos

Posts: 296 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After a recent update to the Jagex launcher, whenever I try to run the launcher, I'm stuck on an endless captcha loop. I click "Login with runescape/jagex account" then it does the "for your safety, complete this captcha" I complete it, then it goes "thank you, now checking your browser" and then goes back to another captcha.

Thinking it may be because of my region (South Korea), I tried using a vpn to go to America, but with the vpn it gave me access denied. I play another game, where I need a vpn to log in xD
Has anyone else had this issue, or have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

16-Aug-2022 22:19:56

doublejk2000
Nov Member 2019

doublejk2000

Posts: 164 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i had the same issue. my windows account is a non-admin account. i then found the hint that one needs to be admin to run it. so instead of logging into windows with an admin account i tried to just run the launcher as admin. it prompted me to input admin credentials and after i did this successfully it updated and after it started again i was caught in that loop.

then i found the
solution
which worked for me: i opened an explorer window with the launcher exe file (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Jagex Launcher). there i made a right click then properties then compatibility then i check the line where it reads run as admin. it made one more update and tadaa now its running. it still requires me to punch in the admin credentials when i start the launcher but i can run it logged into windows with my normal user.

29-May-2023 20:13:18

Quick find code: 409-410-324-66260372 Back to Top