Forums

Flickering graphics

Quick find code: 409-410-119-66291696

PerYngve
Aug Member 2023

PerYngve

Posts: 8,195 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi everyone,

Is anyone experiencing an issue with graphics spazzing out mid-game ? Wait - I know people are experiencing this .

Moving on, it appears that my game will experience horrible flashing at random points in gameplay. All the flashing pixels make it impossible to play and it's horrible to look at so there are a few
temporary
fixes...

1 - log off
2 - exit to lobby

From my experience, if you minimize the game window, it almost always screws it up once you pull the game back up. See the thread in the link above for more information on what people are saying about this. Any ideas as to why this may be happening or is it on Jagex's end?

PerYng**

11-Dec-2023 11:37:26 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2023 12:40:42 by PerYngve

MaybePls
Sep Member 2023

MaybePls

Posts: 149 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes. It's gotten exponentially worse since this past weekend. It began with very brief black flickering during bossing/lag while moving around the world, but as I log in this morning, this is what I'm met with. I'm not gonna sit here and badmouth Jagex over what was clearly a mistake in coding or something, but PLEASE fix this ASAP. I'm not epileptic but I genuinely might be after looking at the screen for 30 seconds trying to resize the window to fix the flickers.

https://imgur.com/a/FgTeuSr

12-Dec-2023 10:54:36

Zizzerkat
May Member 2023

Zizzerkat

Posts: 14 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's been happening to me for a week now. I updated drivers, resized, reinstalled. Logged in from 3 different computers with 3 different windows versions and graphics drivers. Nothing made a real difference. Sometimes it would be OK for a couple of minutes, then back to the horrible graphics.

Help from anyone at Jagex??

It's unplayable, and I'll have to quit altogether.

04-Jan-2024 22:40:30

Niet Likken
Dec Member 2009

Niet Likken

Posts: 965 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
had the same problem, updated everything, what worked for me was changing the "vsync" option in the graphics menu to half. If that doesnt work just try to change it to any of the other options.

hope this helps for u (and everyone else who has this annoying problem)

06-Jan-2024 19:35:06

Quick find code: 409-410-119-66291696 Back to Top