Forums

ERROR BLACK SCREEN AFTER LOGIN

Quick find code: 409-410-105-66214465

Deesrocket

Deesrocket

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi im having problems with the client. After i log in it wont load up and it gives me and Loading please wait screen and doesnt do anything else. I was on the imp catcher quest at the end and that when the room wouldnt show up or anything and ever since then ive been stuck at the black screen. Help please!!

06-May-2021 21:02:50

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It looks like Jagex is aware of the bug, so while they work on patching it, see if this helps. Original message details are unavailable.
While you wait, see if you're able to teleport out if you have teleports keybinded, or right click on your screen to see if you can locate the lodestone teleport button.
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

07-May-2021 11:01:56

BruceSkillus

BruceSkillus

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think i might be having the same issue, the screen is completely black and stuck on Loading - Please wait. How ever from right clicking i can see that no UI elements have loaded in.
Also when i try and log onto an Alt account the issue persists, even though both accounts are in different areas.

07-May-2021 14:18:42

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

BruceSkillus said :
I think i might be having the same issue, the screen is completely black and stuck on Loading - Please wait. How ever from right clicking i can see that no UI elements have loaded in.
Also when i try and log onto an Alt account the issue persists, even though both accounts are in different areas.
Try pressing ESC. If nothing happens, I'm afraid you might have to wait for Jagex to push out a patch - which could be in any second from now.

The above is assuming you've got the black screen issue from today / yesterday.
Other times, black screens can be due to old graphics drivers. See below for more on drivers.
Updating graphics drivers
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

If drivers are in check, you could try clearing your cache or reinstalling the game.
How to clear your cache

The black screen has been fixed. Original message details are unavailable.
Please reload your client in ~5-10 minutes, Jagex are patching the black screen issue. :)
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

07-May-2021 14:30:12 - Last edited on 07-May-2021 15:53:02 by Corder

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

It's meant to have been fixed. Please see if changing from/to normal mode or compatibility mode works, else set graphics to minimum or see my former post for more suggestions!
If all fails I suggest creating a bug report.

08-May-2021 18:15:38

L0NE DRUID
Jan Member 2011

L0NE DRUID

Posts: 8,683 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey
DngerZone

Thanks for raising the issue, I can assure you that Jagex is aware of this and working on a fix. In the meantime, please do ensure you updated your GPU drivers and even re-install the game so the cache can be completely cleaned up.

Another thing you can do to assist with the investigation is submit a bug report about it so Jagex can get information first hand from your machine.

Thanks!
A Jagex Verfied Community Helper
Leader of Zealmania
|
A Runescape player since 2005
|
@JagexHelpL0ne

Tech Issues? Click Me!

09-May-2021 11:01:33

DngerZone

DngerZone

Posts: 55 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Again, this has been done several times, as stated before the solutions being given are the same ones over and over. I have submitted several bug reports for several issues and again as stated above, zero, and I do mean zero have been dealt with. I have absolutely zero faith in the bug report system as it currently stands.

09-May-2021 13:56:44

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

I think the explanation to that is Jagex developers don't work during weekend, so they haven't been able to pick up on any reports since Friday. Also to note, bug reports do not have a feedback system. :( Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

09-May-2021 19:01:07

Quick find code: 409-410-105-66214465 Back to Top