Forums

Message at login ...

Quick find code: 409-410-100-66262204

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When pulling up the Windows Client RuneScape to login I received the following message:
"Your graphics card drivers are over 6 months old. Please consider updating your drivers to received the optimal experience playing RuneScape.
"Select the button below to be taken to the manufacturer's website."
At the bottom of this "Graphics Drivers" window is a box that can be checked ("Don't show again for 90 days&quot ;) and 2 hyperlinks ("update" and "ignore&quot ;) .

Now when I attempt to login to the RuneScape Forum the login asks me to "choose how to log in" and has "RuneScape/Old School account' in a box I can click as well as 4 hyperlinks at the bottom. Since I had to choose something just to get to login so as to post on the forums I chose "RuneScape/Old School account". Then the regular login window showed up.

Please know my computer required a separate graphics card, i.e. the "Radeon RX 590 Series". [This graphics card is part of the AMD type graphics, which is a competitive to the Nvidia type graphics. It has different graphics than other AMD graphic cards.) My graphics card will work fine with Jagex "OpenGL 3.0". In checking my PC I find the following information, "The best drivers for your device are already installed."

So why am I getting this message about my drivers when I go to login to RS game?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

13-Sep-2022 01:53:44

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i get that message too Jodie, I think they want us to just make sure we have best updated drivers. Mine are updated also. I would just click the 6 month option and then in 6 months check see if any new drivers are out. The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

13-Sep-2022 14:50:36

Quick find code: 409-410-100-66262204 Back to Top