Forums

Importing Character to Main

Quick find code: 408-409-982-66285040

Hardcore1R0N
May Member 2020

Hardcore1R0N

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am having trouble importing a currently existing account to my main account via the Jagex Launcher. it just simply isn't letting me.

so here's my frustrations hopefully someone can help.

When I attempt to it keeps popping up with your email or username is wrong. I then thought I would log in via the mobile to see if I encountered the same problem but it lets me log in. no issues.

Tried numerous things and at this point I've just given up hopefully someone will have some information. I've downloaded the steam version now so I can play the account.

I don't consider myself computer illiterate, don't see why importing my alt character has to be so complicated? if the password is working via steam and mobile why not on the Jagex Launcher when attempting to import it to a already existing character? does the email have to be the same for both characters that's the only thing I can think of?

11-Aug-2023 02:55:03

Wassep
Jul Member 2022

Wassep

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

It sounds like you are logging in normally via a connected app (i.e. your steam account). You will need to log into your jagex account to link it, which might have a different email/password associated with it than your steam account. Here's a resource to help if you want to unlink your steam or have any questions regarding that login method.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

13-Aug-2023 06:17:51

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Hardcore1R0N.

Have you created a Jagex Account?

The Jagex Launcher is not the same as a Jagex Account. You can log in to the Launcher with one Jagex Account, or a number of unimported Runescape accounts. You cannot log in with both types of account at the same time.

If you are logged into the Launcher with a Jagex Account, you will see the name of the Jagex Account top right, in the form: name#1234.
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

13-Aug-2023 08:59:14 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2023 09:00:24 by Asahel Frost

The contents of this message have been hidden

22-Aug-2023 07:39:30

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
six1four

If you haven't played the game in over ten years, your saved game progress will be in RS3, not in OSRS.

OSRS was uploaded to play in 2013 as a new game . Everybody logging into OSRS since its 2013 commencement has to create and train a new character.

While the same login/password will get you access to both games (RS3 and OSRS), you create and train characters separately in each game.
Read this: RuneScape and Old School

The High Scores only show a character if they have been active in-game within the past three months.

Please edit your post above and remove your login from view. We are not permitted to post our logins in the public forums. Accounts are identified to other players only by their display names.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

22-Aug-2023 08:41:23

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,719 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@six1four
I've removed youir post, please make your own thread... and it's best not to post any login information.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"

22-Aug-2023 09:45:30

Quick find code: 408-409-982-66285040 Back to Top