Forums

Account reset

Quick find code: 408-409-970-66284349

itsTripleSix
Mar Member 2024

itsTripleSix

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey everyone. So I already did a bunch of research and I always read that having an account reset is impossible. Though it happened.

A while ago I started my osrs account, about a year ago I took a break. Yesterday I returned to my account to be greeted with the character creation screen then tutorial island. I thought maybe it's bugged, so I finished the island and then I noticed... All my friends are still in my friends list. So I'm 100% sure it's the right account (my only one, too).

I checked the mailbox to see if I got an e-mail explaining this. I did not.

Does anyone have advice? I spent a lot of time on the account and finally got somewhere, also paid for membership. I have no way of contacting support directly. All I can think of are legal steps. To at least get every penny I put into it back?

I don't know. I'd just like my acocunt to it's original state. Advice is welcome.

29-Jul-2023 15:59:41

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi TSixGamer.

According to Runemetrics, your account has made progress in RS3, total level 923, and last logged activity in July 2020.

Are you sure it was OSRS you were playing before, and not RS3? The two games have separate game saves.
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

29-Jul-2023 16:09:09

itsTripleSix
Mar Member 2024

itsTripleSix

Hello, yes I'm 100% sure as also my friends list is filled with the people I know. Friends lists of rs3 and osrs are seperate. And they're in there.

I started this account on rs3, didn't like it then proceeded with osrs.

Got screenshots here in case it's useful or proves it:
https://imgur.com/a/Ki3J4fm
https://imgur.com/a/CdPCtSO

It's really upsetting to see all the money, time and effort lost.

I also have a PayPal transaction in case that can help.

Gathering all proof now.

29-Jul-2023 16:20:30

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it's worth checking to see if you have any other accounts. Use this page to do that:
Forgotten Login

Enter your email address, and if it is the registered email for any Runescape accounts you will be sent a list of the login names. Repeat for any other email addresses you have.
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

29-Jul-2023 16:56:02

itsTripleSix
Mar Member 2024

itsTripleSix

Thank you for your replies. I'll take any suggestions. I really want my account back to it's original state, but the possibility of that happening seems to get smaller.

I did what you asked and it just sent me an e-mail with e-mail I use to log in. It didn't give me any other results.

What still baffling me is that my friends list is still in tact. If I was on any other account, that wouldn't be the case right? The people in there are the specific people I played with. In the clans discord I even have my username as a nickname. I see the people from my friends list also in there. I have played hours and hours with these people. Now every trace, except for their friendship, has disappered. I'm a loyal casual player, this stings. I dont want to start over.

29-Jul-2023 17:33:08

Quick find code: 408-409-970-66284349 Back to Top