Forums

Unique account recovery help

Quick find code: 408-409-969-66282759

Phantom025

Phantom025

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello as the title states, I find this to be a unique situation because I have tried to go through the recovery options for my account, but I have not had any success. The last time I logged into my account was back in late 2021 before the login changes, and I have no memory of changing my password as well as not having any email stating so. I can see my character on rune metrics, so I know its still there but my account recovery gets denied every time. I have order numbers and know the last password that I could log in with as well. I also have approximate information for creation date and internet service used to create my account. I made the account back in 2005-2006, so I always used my username to login. I have submitted a ticket a couple weeks ago now with no response. Is there anyone that could help me figure this out, and if this needs to go somewhere else I apologize! First time forum user. :p

29-Jun-2023 03:13:27

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Phantom025

You would recover your account under its original username login.
The "login changes" only apply if you have actually done the change by upgrading to a Jagex Account.

Do you have access to the registered email of the account?
If so, it is a very quick process to do a Password Reset.

You only need to do a recovery if you have lost access to the registered email.

However, if you found the password has been changed and you know you didn't do that, it usually means a hijacker has got access to your email.
In which case you need to secure your email. Change its password and set up a 2-step verification on it.

If you need to do a recovery:
Don't submit the last known password as it has been compromised. Submit earlier passwords, preferably the earliest you remember.
If the account is 17-18 years old, you need to submit 17-18 year old information as recent information has little value. Try to submit a password that is at least 10 years old at the very least.

How long do you wait before a deny reply arrives? If we know the answer to that, we can tell how far into the recovery process you are getting stuck.

Try another recovery with the original login.
If you are being told the login is invalid, post back.
If the login is not declined but the recovery fails, post back and tell us how quickly the deny reply arrives back.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

29-Jun-2023 05:49:07

Wassep
Jul Member 2022

Wassep

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

If you've sent a ticket and got it denied, unfortunately there's not much we can do. This forum is community ran, so there's nothing we can do to override a JMod appeal. For the best chance at recovering your account, you want to be as specific as possible with the details of the account creation. If it's been denied and that is all the information you can provide, then there's not much that can be done sadly.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

29-Jun-2023 05:52:14 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2023 05:53:28 by Wassep

Phantom Jake

Phantom Jake

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you both for your help with this. I attempted my account information again to make sure I was entering everything correctly. I just happened to try the original username instead of the one I had changed it to.(In the past I never had to use the original to login when I changed names, so at first I didn't consider it) I feel kind of dumb after that, so I appreciate you all taking your time to listen, thank you!

30-Jun-2023 04:05:06

Quick find code: 408-409-969-66282759 Back to Top