Forums

Multiple google accounts

Quick find code: 408-409-965-66285720

Vidfamne

Vidfamne

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have 2 google accounts for RuneScape. I merged my main google account to a jagex account and now I am unable to login with my alt google account. When I get to the login screen and click the google button it automatically logs me in with the main account, never giving me an option to login with my alt.

23-Aug-2023 00:44:07

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Vidfamne

If you have upgraded a character into a Jagex Account, you would be using the Launcher.
You would need to add that second account to your Launcher as well.

Does that second Google account have a regular email/password login method? (in addition to the Google account shortcut login)
If so, don't use the Google button, use the regular login method.
Instructions to add it to your Jagex Account are: Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

23-Aug-2023 02:50:11

Vidfamne

Vidfamne

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My 2nd account can only be logged in using the google button. Adding existing account doesn't offer 3rd party logins. Like I said I cant login using the 2nd google account at all. If I sign out of the main account or even unlink my google account and try to log back in via the google button, it automatically logs in my main account.

23-Aug-2023 02:58:44 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2023 03:02:21 by Vidfamne

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You are going to have to add an email/password login to the account now (in order to upgrade it along with your main).

But, I suspect you will need to use a different computer or device, one that doesn't have the Launcher automatically logging you in to your main.
The instructions to add a login email/password are: Add a login email to third party account

Once it is upgraded, you will no longer need that email/password you just set as you will be accessing the account through the Launcher.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

23-Aug-2023 03:06:35

Quick find code: 408-409-965-66285720 Back to Top