Forums

Hacked 3 times in a row

Quick find code: 408-409-960-66293020

rodan xx
Sep Member 2023

rodan xx

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I haven't been playing actively for a few months.
After I logged into my account i see that they were botting thieving and 95% of my bank was lost. I changed password, checked linked accounts and i logged out..

After a day or 2, I logged in, again hacked again they were botting thieving..

I changed password again and as a cybersecurity expert I'm 99.999% sure that there is no RAT or any malware/virus/keylogger installed on my laptop, computer or network..

IS there anyway for me to get a login history with ip address & time ? Or any solution, ideas? I'd like to play again, even after losing 400+M

12-Jan-2024 12:12:06

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Rodan XX, to make sure you are doing the right thing only please do visit next page in '
Jagex's Support Centre
' to start your
account recovery
and when having finished that, follow the entire page from top till bottom starting with changing your account into a '
Jagex Account
'.

Security tips ... <- (link to Jagex's Support Centre)

When doing so make sure your information is written down kept safe in a place nobody has knowledge of. Be prepared that someone in your direct surroundings has knowledge about your RuneScape endavours, hijacking/hacking your account(s).

12-Jan-2024 14:23:52

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,111 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Make sure they havent added a backdoor to get in by linking to google fb or steam.

even if that is the case.. please follow 2_tron's advice , looking into security tips.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

12-Jan-2024 16:28:30

rodan xx
Sep Member 2023

rodan xx

hello so today again after changing my password, an authenticator was set on my account.

can a jagex staff check my account and see how the hacker logs in?
I don't want to link it to a jagex account or authenticator, firstly i would like to know
how he gains access?

14-Jan-2024 15:03:26

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Rodan XX, Jagex/JMods do not share 'account-information' nor do they share details about any 'account-abuse' nor information about 'data-hacks'.
If you do refuse to change your 'RuneScape character' into a 'Jagex Account' is your decision but do keep in mind that 'Jagex Accounts' offer more 'player account-management/safety' than your regular RuneScape account.

Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for detailed information about said procedure.

14-Jan-2024 19:22:13

rodan xx
Sep Member 2023

rodan xx

lol, the hacker logged in again and put authenticator. I think that he botted on my account....
I've put authenticator now, hopefully he can't login now. After losing 400+M. I will slowly rebuild again..nothing else to do i guess :'(

16-Jan-2024 00:26:41

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why haven't you been using your own Authenticator?

If the hijacker keeps returning despite you changing your password over and over there are only two reasons this could be happening:
1. you have a linked account. (check again. check Steam)
2. your computer has malware

Three days ago 2_Tron posted above and recommended you upgrade your account into a Jagex Account.
If you cannot find the source of the intrusions, you really, really need to upgrade to a Jagex Account.
The Jagex Account has a much stronger security protocol than the legacy RuneScape account.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

16-Jan-2024 00:33:46

Quick find code: 408-409-960-66293020 Back to Top