Forums

cant log in using old RSN !

Quick find code: 408-409-96-66277338

Mr Saleh
Sep Member 2021

Mr Saleh

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
after upgrading to jagex account , cant access freely to my account using the very old user name , only the email that contains the accounts and i have to use the launcher only for this ,

is there any way to return to the old system ? :( :(
okay .

28-Mar-2023 19:20:41

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Saleh said :
i mean it will be available as a names options for new accounts ? is it still mine ? even its invalid ?
I don't believe so since, eventually, every single person playing either RuneScape 3 or Old School RuneScape or both would have to use the Jagex account system, which requires an email address to set up. Taking this into consideration, usernames as logins will become obsolete. Please see the Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account Support article linked above for further information.

The Jagex Accounts FAQ Support article is also very informative, which may be accessed using the link below:

https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/articles/12423096201873

28-Mar-2023 19:46:58 - Last edited on 28-Mar-2023 19:54:27 by Mrs Ana

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 45,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Saleh said :
is there any way to return to the old system ? :( :(

No - doing so would defeat the entire purpose of the Jagex Accounts system which is to provide added security to your RuneScape characters. The purpose of Jagex accounts is to provide additional security benefits - they feature increased password complexity options, mandatory MFA (either via email or via Authenticator), and email notifications of logins, just to name a few.

As you've migrated, from this point forward you will utilize the Jagex Launcher as you have noted. This is intentional, and while it certainly is a change from what most of us are used to, in due time you'll find that you become accustomed to the new process.

Mr Saleh said :
i mean it will be available as a names options for new accounts ? is it still mine ? even its invalid ?

Those login details won't be used by anyone else. All new accounts created after November 2010 have required an email address anyway, and only you should have access to your email address.

29-Mar-2023 02:54:49 - Last edited on 29-Mar-2023 02:54:58 by Applejuiceaj

Quick find code: 408-409-96-66277338 Back to Top