Forums

Important notice:

Quick find code: 408-409-944-66275070

Pure OnyxXD

Pure OnyxXD

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I got a email saying "important notice: your account is at risk of an offence. it talks about having highly incriminating evidence of RuneScape account trade or succeeded in trading virtual items outside the game" I haven't done one or the other but the email seems legit. at the bottom there is a link to appeal and says if left unchallenged your account will be permanently banned. I already checked my message center on 2 of my main account and there is nothing can anybody tell me if the email is fake ([email protected]) or if there is somethin going on for sure, and how should I go about it.
sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I don't know where I could've posted.
Thank You.

20-Feb-2023 16:31:48

Muzan-sama

Muzan-sama

Posts: 708 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Pure OnyxXD

DO NOT CLICK ANY FURTHER ON THIS LINK, OR ENTER ANY DETAILS! Jagex will NEVER contact you regarding bans through your registered email address. All communication is always done through the 'Accounts' Section on the top-right of the RuneScape website, where after logging in you will find a category called 'Messages'. Any communication outside of this IS A SCAM .

If you have clicked the link, I would highly suggest a virus scan, and securing your device, as well as your account. You can do this by following the Security tips section of RuneScape Support. Having secured your device and account, I would then suggest reading through the Phishing Support page for further information.

Again, this email can be deleted. Do not interact with this email any further (if you have done so already).
| RuneScape Support | Code of Conduct | Account Security |

20-Feb-2023 16:40:54

Pinguicula

Pinguicula

Posts: 10,433 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just to add... you usually can't trust the From email address in an email. People with the right software can make it say anything. So, even if legit emails say they are from [email protected] phishers can make their emails say they are from the same email address even though they aren't. I think that is one of the reasons that Jagex has a message center for accounts on their website. It is a way of sending messages to account users and the account user can be sure that the messages are real.

21-Feb-2023 04:06:42

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I got a email saying "important notice: your account is at risk of an offence. it talks about having highly incriminating evidence of RuneScape account trade or succeeded in trading virtual items outside the game" I haven't done one or the other but the email seems legit. at the bottom there is a link to appeal and says if left unchallenged your account will be permanently banned. I already checked my message center on 2 of my main account and there is nothing can anybody tell me if the email is fake ([email protected]) or if there is somethin going on for sure, and how should I go about it.
sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I don't know where I could've posted.
Thank You.
If you are notified about committing an offence than that message is
only displayed in your ingame Message Center
and nowhere else.

21-Feb-2023 09:33:58

Quick find code: 408-409-944-66275070 Back to Top