Forums

group ironman wrongfully ban

Quick find code: 408-409-938-66282358

NetFlick5

NetFlick5

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
one of my ironman groupmates was banned last week for use of macros. which is wrong bc he never used any. all he was doing was crafting in edgeville. appealed but it was denied. which is why im here. i believe it was a mistake.

23-Jun-2023 02:33:30

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
one of my ironman groupmates was banned last week for use of macros. which is wrong bc he never used any. all he was doing was crafting in edgeville. appealed but it was denied. which is why im here. i believe it was a mistake.
It is impossible to appeal a ban for a friend, as well as it is impossible to file such claims as you do because you do not control your friends computer/Internet/software/hardware thus you do not know what really happened.

23-Jun-2023 10:05:34

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, NetFlick5.

Just so you know: whenever someone receives a ban for macroing and/or use of bots, it isn't necessarily due to the actions that they are carrying out at the time the ban is applied to the account, i.e., your mention of your friend training the Crafting skill at Edgeville. It could have been for action(s) that were committed weeks or even months prior to the penalty.

You should direct your friend to this post from Mod Stevew to see if it applies to them or not:

https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/14diq7p/an_update_on_recent_bans/

In any case, the best approach is for your friend to appeal the ban by following the instructions enumerated here: Appeal an offence . If there is an option to appeal, it will be shown under their specific account section.

Best of luck!

23-Jun-2023 16:15:35

The contents of this message have been hidden

26-Jun-2023 21:58:51

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ LordWyzeguy - Your post above has been removed as it really has nothing to do with the author's issue.

If you need assistance with your own issue, please post your own thread for that, rather than hijacking another player's thread. Thanks.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

27-Jun-2023 05:59:39

Quick find code: 408-409-938-66282358 Back to Top