Forums

Temporary ban and no idea why

Quick find code: 408-409-933-66292468

Metal Mau
Oct Member 2014

Metal Mau

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just got my account back from a 2 day temporary ban for bot busting moderate. Problem is, I have absolutely zero idea what I could have done that would qualify as being against the rules.

I play using the official (OSRS) Java client, thus also without plugins of any sort, using only keyboard and mouse as input, without key remapping of any kind, without any software that could generate inputs. I went through the Rules section on macroing, and there is nothing in there that comes even close to applying to how I play the game.

I have played this game for nearly 20 years, of which about half on this account and I'm rather concerned with losing it due to another offence (look up my OSRS stats and you'll understand). As such, I would also say I'm pretty familiar with the rules of the game and what is (not) allowed. Which adds to my confusion as to why I received the ban.

I don't really know what to do now, and playing the game normally feels like rolling the dice as I have no clue what caused the initial ban. I have already tried appealing the ban, but the appeal was denied and no evidence is shared so there is nothing I can learn from it.

Fun fact: I already received a permanent ban on this account for macroing about 4 years ago, which also has its appeal denied but then was mysteriously quashed 2 weeks later.

So bottom line: I'm just trying to find any means to figure out what caused the ban and/or how I can prevent it from happening again...

30-Dec-2023 17:13:46

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MACROING AND THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE/HARDWARE

People also call this ‘botting.' It means using software or hardware that can help you play the game with the software or hardware doing things for you that you should be doing yourself. Our games are meant to be played by humans - if you cheat, you are likely to be banned, even if it is the first time you have broken the rules.

Please do read '
Rules of RuneScape
' and '
Terms & Conditions
' carefully for more understanding how you might have received your warning.
Do think about it ... it is a warning and you already got experience with a serious offence regardless if it was quashed or not.
Walking the edge never goes well ...

30-Dec-2023 19:02:23

Pinguicula

Pinguicula

Posts: 10,433 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a community led forum, meaning, you're most likely to get responses from other forum users. The J-mods don't pop in here very much. Being regular forum users, we're not able to see in to your account like a J-mod on the anti-cheating team would be able to. Even if a J-mod were to pop in here they don't say anything about how their detection systems work. So, in the end, we really don't know any more than what you might share here.

Bans are reviewed just as a double check after they are applied to an account. Your account had a ban but during the review process they changed their mind and quashed it. I couldn't tell you why the appeal was denied, but I have read of bans being removed after a denied appeal.

04-Jan-2024 04:49:24

Quick find code: 408-409-933-66292468 Back to Top