Forums

No 'Read' Messages?

Quick find code: 408-409-872-66276293

CapnScrunch

CapnScrunch

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I just browsed the forum and apparently messages are indeed removed after a period of time but I may also be able to have the message sent again. I should say that I don't see that I received any kind of reminder email and so I can't say when I received it. The last email I received from Jagex was November 17th of 2022.

11-Mar-2023 22:07:49

Muzan-sama

Muzan-sama

Posts: 708 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
SVOFox86

As you discovered, messages in the message centre only remain in your inbox for up to 3 months. After this, the message expires and is removed.

I have not read anywhere that it is possible to re-receive this message, and so I don't believe it is possible to get this again.

There are no email prompts about expiring messages, this is simply the player's responsibility to check. In the future if there is an important message, I would suggest making a copy of the message somewhere so that you have a record of what it says.
| RuneScape Support | Code of Conduct | Account Security |

12-Mar-2023 00:26:19

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CapnScrunch said :
I went to my message center to retrieve use my two-day membership passcode from when services were down and not only was that message removed but all others have been removed as well. Am I just unable to redeem it now?
CapnScrunch said :
So I just browsed the forum and apparently messages are indeed removed after a period of time but I may also be able to have the message sent again. I should say that I don't see that I received any kind of reminder email and so I can't say when I received it. The last email I received from Jagex was November 17th of 2022.
@SVOFox86, I had to check first before making sure I got it, Backin the days all messages send to a player were to be read in '
Account
' where all messages were gathered '
Unread
' &
Read
' but since there's been a lot of work behind the scenes at Jagex's Website & Forums a few changes are noticable.
Bans/Mutes are lifted out of 'Messages' and can be found under 'Account Status' and other messages probably earlier removed.

I also noticed that one particulair message was gone, to be found later somewhere else.

12-Mar-2023 19:13:41

Quick find code: 408-409-872-66276293 Back to Top