Forums

False ban on 17 year old acc

Quick find code: 408-409-858-66282862

Not a Mex

Not a Mex

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My account was banned for macroing. I typically only play on mobile so i am unsure if i was hacked or if i was falsely banned. It deeply saddens me that the account ive had since i was a child was banned and it was completely out of my control. If i could go back and do something to avoid this happening i would but sadly there is nothing i more i could have done i had 2 factor and a pin. if anyone could help me out i would be very appreciative.

30-Jun-2023 19:59:59

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
My account was banned for macroing. I typically only play on mobile so i am unsure if i was hacked or if i was falsely banned. It deeply saddens me that the account ive had since i was a child was banned and it was completely out of my control. If i could go back and do something to avoid this happening i would but sadly there is nothing i more i could have done i had 2 factor and a pin. if anyone could help me out i would be very appreciative.
If you only play on mobile phone it means you already played on mobile phone since 2006 ...?

Appeal an offence ... <- (link) to '
Jagex's Support Centre
' to see how your chances are.

30-Jun-2023 21:48:44

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Not a Mex

Was your password, Authenticator and Bank PIN still active and unchanged? If they were, you should check the 'Linked Accounts' tab in account management. Unlink any accounts you see linked. Click on 'Manage Steam' and 'Manage Amazon' to check for linked accounts from those websites.
If the only linked accounts in there are your own, you should review the security of those linked accounts on their home website as they are probably insecure. If a hijacker uses a players linked account to access their RuneScape account, they can bypass the players password, Authenticator and Bank PIN.

You should use the appeal you have in the 'Account Status' tab.
Very sadly, if the hijacker has used your own linked account to access your RuneScape account, it might not show up as a hijack.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

30-Jun-2023 23:29:56

The contents of this message have been hidden

20-Jul-2023 18:03:22

The contents of this message have been hidden

20-Jul-2023 18:04:23

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
@ Grimie3 - Your posts here have been removed. You have your own thread for discussing your particular situation, so there is no reason you should be hijacking and spamming other players' threads.

Your hijacking posts on other threads have also been removed.

Threatening to spam the forums is not going to get your accounts unbanned, and instead could result in a ban from the forums as well.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

20-Jul-2023 21:39:46

Quick find code: 408-409-858-66282862 Back to Top