Forums

Scammed?

Quick find code: 408-409-832-66292831

Measurement

Measurement

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So my situation is this; I am a returning player from 2018 and I befriended someone over the Christmas Event after some chatting. This person wanted to train with me after the event was over. So we went mining for a bit and I thought I had made a new friend that I could train with. They then suggested to train Runecrafting at the Abyss (an area I've never been), and showed me how much money can be made. Before we started they suggested to hop to a better world with less people.

At this time this person was aware of the wealth that I had on. They showed me how to get access into the Abyss (the miniquest) and misled me that PVP must be toggled on to enter. Shortly after a few runs of RC, this person then wanted to chill and relax so I agreed. This was where I believe I was scammed, they took me around Runescape while carrying a conversation. At first they this person took me into every resource dungeon because they found out it provided XP on first entry. Eventually we ended up in the Chaos Tunnel (area I didn't know existed), and this brought us both up to the Wilderness where I was ambushed and killed by a waiting PKer.

I believe I was "scammed" according to this article ( https://www.jagex.com/en-GB/terms/rules-of-runescape ). I have reported this person, how likely are they to be punished? What more can I do? I feel like I cannot reclaim my wealth to which I am pretty upset.

08-Jan-2024 22:32:26

Quick find code: 408-409-832-66292831 Back to Top