Forums

How to Reach Jagex?

Quick find code: 408-409-827-66291328

20 Mine 1744
Dec Member 2023

20 Mine 1744

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just recently paid for my second yearly installment of premier membership. I tried to log in on my pc but it said my password was wrong. I know I was not hacked, since I could still login on mobile using the same password and my account was fine. Eventually, both accounts were blocked. I originally used a work email to set up my account and I changed jobs, so I lost that email account. I tried changing my email and filing multiple reports, which included specific information about credit card payments, but I have never gotten a response from Jagex. I have to use a VPN to play, since I live in a country that does not permit direct access to Runescape, so I guess that Jagex flagged the account, since I have to change VPN servers often to get a decent ping rate. There were no strikes on my account and I worked my butt off to train a really awesome character and amass some wealth, but all of that seems for naught. I read that the reports aren't even looked at by real people. But doesn't a paying member deserve some special dispensation? Can someone tell me how to actually get in touch with someone at Jagex who can help me out? I'm pretty disappointed at the lack of real customer service.

03-Dec-2023 09:50:34

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
20 Mine 1744

So, you are doing an account recovery?
If so, the recovery starts with an automated computer check of some of the information. If it passes that, the second stage is a human doing a manual check.

You cannot submit a recovery while using a VPN. It is an auto-fail.

Jagex will ALWAYS respond to an account recovery.
If you are not receiving replies, check the email you are submitting to be the new contact email.
* are you putting that email in the top two boxes on the recovery form?
* I recommend you use a Gmail email as they are the least troublesome

"Eventually, both accounts were blocked."

Are you talking about two RuneScape accounts or just talking about mobile access and pc access to one account?

But doesn't a paying member deserve some special dispensation?

The only advantage a paying member gets in account recovery is to jump to the front of the queue, ahead of F2p recovery forms.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

03-Dec-2023 10:38:57

20 Mine 1744
Dec Member 2023

20 Mine 1744

Malua, thanks for the reply.

I have attempted account recovery about three times now since I've gotten no reply.

I cannot even login to runescape without a VPN. When I originally paid for my membership by credit card over a year ago, the payment didn't go through until I contacted Jagex billing and explained the situation.

I did attempt to change my email to my new contact email. I did put it in the top two boxes of the form. Still havent gotten a reply. I don't have gmail, but I suppose I could get an account if necessary. Sounds a bit useless if Jagex cannot reply if I'm using a VPN, though.

You are correct about my both accounts statement. I actually meant one account on two different devices. I was blocked on PC first, as it said my password was incorrect, but then I was blocked on my mobile two days later. Funnily enough, the password was saved on both devices and I didn't change it at all before I was blocked.

If you can let me know if there is any workaround for the VPN problem, I would appreciate it. As I said, I worked hard on this account. I've played RS in this country for over 15 years, sometimes at great difficulty. This situation is a bit disheartening.

03-Dec-2023 14:45:44

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I just recently paid for my second yearly installment of premier membership. I tried to log in on my pc but it said my password was wrong. I know I was not hacked, since I could still login on mobile using the same password and my account was fine. Eventually, both accounts were blocked. I originally used a work email to set up my account and I changed jobs, so I lost that email account. I tried changing my email and filing multiple reports, which included specific information about credit card payments, but I have never gotten a response from Jagex.
I have to use a VPN to play, since I live in a country that does not permit direct access to Runescape, so I guess that Jagex flagged the account, since I have to change VPN servers often to get a decent ping rate.
There were no strikes on my account and I worked my butt off to train a really awesome character and amass some wealth, but all of that seems for naught. I read that the reports aren't even looked at by real people. But doesn't a paying member deserve some special dispensation? Can someone tell me how to actually get in touch with someone at Jagex who can help me out? I'm pretty disappointed at the lack of real customer service.
First of all, I am interested to know which country that should be?

On the other hand, ... switching with your connection on a high rate does ring many alarmbells at Jagex eventually could be being the cause that Jagex/JMods terminate said connection to that account for extremely suspicious behaviour.

Someone jumping up and down The Internet hiding behind multiple VPN's is not a good sign for trustworthyness. Apart from the activity ingame, in RuneScape.

03-Dec-2023 17:08:27

20 Mine 1744
Dec Member 2023

20 Mine 1744

I live in China, not that it's any of your business, as you provided no real help other than an uninformed and ignorant opinion.

China has what is called the Great Firewall in order to control the internet. Most games are banned here, so a VPN is necessary if I want to play Runescape. I simply cannot even load Jagex launcher without a VPN.

As to your assertion that I am hiding behind multiple VPNs, I have a single VPN that I use. I often need to switch servers as it is not uncommon for ping rates here to exceed 400 on certain servers. At that ping rate most rs content is not playable.

I'm actually pretty surprised at your unhelpfullness, and your borderline adolescent authoritiarian attitude. Enjoy your internet.

04-Dec-2023 11:43:08 - Last edited on 04-Dec-2023 11:46:36 by 20 Mine 1744

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Did you create the account in your current country or did you create it elsewhere and then travel there with it?
When it comes to account recovery, RuneScape accounts don't travel well at all.
They have to be recovered from the country they were created in.
If the account was created in another country, you might need to get creative with recovery but using a VPN to do that won't work.

If you have been swapping around VPNs during your gameplay, it may have been the reason the account was locked ultimately. Jagex can't be sure that the true owner of the account is playing it if it is jumping around locations/countries.

The key to maintaining a secure account is keeping a valid accessible email linked.
Jagex strongly advise players against using work or school emails with their accounts.

When the account is locked, you NEED access to the linked email to unlock it.
If you cannot access the linked email and you haven't upgraded the account to a Jagex Account, the only other method is account recovery. The problem you have is you are located in a game blocking country and account recovery is impossible.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

04-Dec-2023 12:36:53

20 Mine 1744
Dec Member 2023

20 Mine 1744

Hello Malua,

I created the account here in China and paid for premium membership shortly after creating the account. I understand that there is a problem in regard to verifying my location due to my use of a vpn, but in most parts of the world id verification can be done independent of location. My credit card information, including date and time paid and payer, should be enough to verify my authenticity in most situations.

So what I'm hearing from you is that Jagex has not established a system so that they can verify the veracity of their premium users, and they are not interested in doing so.

I really enjoy playing rs and have been willing to pay for the privelege, but I guess it has become an untenable situation.

Please let me know if you know how I can request a refund for the balance of my premium membership.

Thanks for your replies. It's nice to know that someone is listening.

04-Dec-2023 13:32:56

Quick find code: 408-409-827-66291328 Back to Top