Forums

Jagex acc well designed. not,

Quick find code: 408-409-815-66291269

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
God the Joke said :
How do I not recieve an email every single time i log in with jagex accounts.
So, you have a Jagex Account but you don't want to get the email every time you login?
That email is part of the security protocol. Jagex Accounts have a much stronger security protocol than the old RuneScape accounts.

Players are getting an advice email about every login.
99% of the time the email is a waste. You logged in, you know you logged in, you don't need to be told you logged in.

But, in a very small number of cases that email becomes very important indeed.
It is informing the account owner that there was a login and they say to themself "Hey, I didn't log in. What's going on?" And they check.

Not everybody is active on their accounts on a daily basis. If an inactive player gets an email out of the blue to say there was a login on their RuneScape account today they become very appreciative of the email notice. This is why those emails are being sent out.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

02-Dec-2023 00:07:28

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
God the Joke said :
How do I not recieve an email every single time i log in with jagex accounts. I just switched bc it refused to let me log in with my username. I would much prefer to not even have this jagex account system.
Q The Joke, after changed to a 'Jagex Account' there's no going back, you can't undo that anymore.

I know it can be tedious to see a new email incoming everytime you login but it is for your own safety. The email just warns you that '
your account has been used to login into Jagex's Systems
' and if you didn't do that you are able to take action immediately.

https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/categories/4403516390801-Jagex-Accounts

Go to '
Jagex Accounts Support Centre
' to see more information about yours ability to take action in case of account problems. That email is just a reminder that your account has become active.

These emails can be easily be stored on your computers email program as they are small text-base emails and don't use that many space on your harddrive. It gives you a rough indication about your accounts activity throughout the year. Some players do like to have such knowledge themselves for other purposes.

02-Dec-2023 09:20:09

Quick find code: 408-409-815-66291269 Back to Top