Forums

Was hacked, where to report?

Quick find code: 408-409-802-66290342

Gofer
Feb Member 2022

Gofer

Posts: 306 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello all! I was recently hacked and lost roughly 100m between items and gold. I have already changed my password and am working on activating the authenicator. I am trying to figure out how to reach out to Jagex support to see if they can do anything, however I cant find an email or anything I just keep ending up back on the support menu lol. When I logged in I was in wildy looks like they pked me with another account maybe orsomething.

Thanksin advance for the help!!!

Gofer

13-Nov-2023 19:07:43

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,414 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
do anything in what way?

the only place to contact jagex is;

[email protected]
this is for giving jagex any evidence of wrong doing. so if you dont have evidence for who did it, do not use it.

but they wont return items through being hacked. (they supply many security features to stop this, by looks of it you didnt even have auth) (get jagex account also)

securing your account
securing your device
Phishing websites and suspicious emails
boost account security
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

13-Nov-2023 21:11:08 - Last edited on 13-Nov-2023 21:11:51 by Tenebri

Gofer
Feb Member 2022

Gofer

I have a Jagex account. I have had issues using the authenticator before. I have been playing Runescape for almost 20 years and never had an issue. They dont do account rewinds anymore? I have never asked for anything and have spent a decent amount over the years between membership and bonds. I dont think its rediculous to ask for some sort of help recovering something at least. I also find it aggrivating that it is so hard to get an email or talk to someone.

14-Nov-2023 20:36:42

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex/JMods do not do any single rewinds at all. Rewinds only do happen when large groups of players are effected by technical/programming issues caused by Jagex/JMods during development of RuneScape/products of RuneScape.

14-Nov-2023 22:00:37

Gofer
Feb Member 2022

Gofer

They can move my thread but dont even touch on my issue thats crazy...After almost 20 years of playing runescape and paying for members and all the money i spent over the years between osrs and rs3, just to recieve no assistance. So much wasted time and money.

18-Nov-2023 13:23:35

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gofer said :
They can move my thread but dont even touch on my issue thats crazy...After almost 20 years of playing runescape and paying for members and all the money i spent over the years between osrs and rs3, just to recieve no assistance. So much wasted time and money.
It already is known for more than a decade that Jagex/JMods do not do 'account rewinds' anymore and the last known one was the '
2021 server login issues
' where large groups of players lost control of their accounts and Jagex/JMods had to restore many many accounts.

That's where a rewind was in place, carried out and compensation sended out to those whom were affected by the issue.

18-Nov-2023 19:43:59

PerYngve
Aug Member 2023

PerYngve

Posts: 8,195 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gofer said :

Well, forum mods are regular players. They're not Jagex employees.

Also, there is no proper way to report that you were hacked. It's strongly suggested to use 2-factor authentication and a bank pin. As Tenebri mentioned above, you could try that email, but Jagex doesn't generally give items back unless they were lost to a glitch.
PerYng**

19-Nov-2023 01:56:52

Quick find code: 408-409-802-66290342 Back to Top