Forums

Linking on Steam

Quick find code: 408-409-795-66292848

Geo Metro
Dec Member 2023

Geo Metro

Posts: 192 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I haven't been able to log into RS through steam since launch. I've had my account for over 16 years and it works great on mobile/RS client. For some reason on steam it will not link.

Here's what I tried already:

This tells me that I already have a 3rd party account linked. No option to unlink. And attempting to link says already linked

Go to RS login on RS Site>select Steam for login>log in via steam to RS site

This tells me "something went wrong" nothing further happened

open RS on steam and try to login

This opens like RS should but the login page I am greeted with simply says "log in" with no name or options. As if there's a nameless account permanently saved. If I click log in it gives me a server error. Noting further.

uninstall RS steam
No change

clear cache and verify game files
No change

checked alt account
I have 1 alt account that I checked to make sure I didn't accidentally link that account. All of the above is the same. It appears it is also NOT linked

So what is left? Steam and RS support have gotten me no where I've tried every 3rd party help link they have. So it seems that my 16 year old account is NOT linked on steam but my RS steam is permanently linked to a ghost account with NO information so it is not possible to unlink since there's no name, email, password etc... is there a fix to this at all?? I'd really appreciate a Jagex/RS steam mod to chip in. I am at a complete loss
2000 Geo Metro by Chevrolet
993cc 65HP Suzuki G10
1.0L 3 cylinder mated to a 5 speed manual Gearbox
55mpg
469,000 miles

09-Jan-2024 04:04:30

Quick find code: 408-409-795-66292848 Back to Top