Forums

1 day membership since 24th

Quick find code: 408-409-789-66291094

Tiny Hoots
Oct Member 2023

Tiny Hoots

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
my membership didnt auto renew this month on the 24th cause im waiting to do it on the 1st, i bought a bond for the mean time but my membership wont expire. i have the email saying payment failed on the 24th. is there something i should do or enjoy the free membership?
i dont wana look like im abusing this bug but not gonna lie this is nice

27-Nov-2023 16:05:08

Wassep
Jul Member 2022

Wassep

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

Sometimes if the payment fails, it'll still add membership because there is a certain amount of time that the bank has to approve or deny the request, it sits as "pending", and in these situations a back-charge would be needed. Meaning they will charge you for the days you had membership or the account might be locked. I would definitely make sure you create a support ticket here . If you create a support ticket and inform them of what happened, I don't think anything bad would happen.

Apologies, I was incorrect, as Malula said, it would seem your membership had 4 days left.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

27-Nov-2023 16:37:01 - Last edited on 30-Nov-2023 00:00:59 by Wassep

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Tiny Hoots

Jagex start trying to take the next payment 4 days before your membership actually expires .
There is no bug. You are now on the last four days of your membership.

A message to say that the payment attempt failed on the 24th means you didn't cancel your existing membership arrangement.
You are "waiting to do it on the 1st" sounds like you have changed credit cards and cancelled your old card without cancelling the auto-renew with Jagex.

If you have redeemed a Bond for 14 days membership, then you set up a new subscription on the 1st, you probably won't get another payment attempt on the old card.

I am sorry but the other answer you received is gobbledegook.
"Sometimes if the payment fails, it'll still add membership
(wrong)
because there is a certain amount of time that the bank has to approve or deny the request
(wrong)
, it sits as "pending", and in these situations a back-charge would be needed
(wrong)
. Meaning they will charge you for the days you had membership or the account might be locked
(wrong)
."

Payment advice needs to be very precisely correct, otherwise it is 100% wrong.
Don't ever guess payment advice.
The Payment Support forum was the last forum that JMods withdrew their regular support from. That was because there were so few players that could step up to replace them and provide accurate answers.
I estimate that there are only, maybe three players that know enough to provide answers on payment questions.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

28-Nov-2023 00:01:50 - Last edited on 28-Nov-2023 00:12:45 by Malua

Quick find code: 408-409-789-66291094 Back to Top