Forums

Received false temporary ban

Quick find code: 408-409-771-66292375

HC3rd
Oct Member 2023

HC3rd

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear Jagex,

I am writing this thread for your Customer Support Complaints Team attention in regards to the notification of my account’s offence with the Temporary ban for Macroing under Bot Busting Moderate.

The incident occurred on 27th December 2023 at approximately 5:30am (GMT+8) while I was attempting to log in and I received the message of my account being banned for a serious offence. My last session was on 26th December 2023 around 9:30am (GMT+8) in World 445, one of the dedicated worlds for Guardians of the Rift minigame. I have several reasons my account should be cleared from this offence.

Firstly, I have never used any form of macroing for my account as it is not only illegal and unsafe for my account because of the risk of being hacked, but it also ruins the fun. Please check the following apps I have been using to play Old School Runescape to ensure they are legal:
- Legacy Java Client
- Steam version
- OSRS Mobile

Secondly, I did chat in the public while playing the minigame, mentioning those bots being lifeless with their combat level being similar (around level 50) with same gear. I would not be surprised if another player has erroneously reported me for macroing despite not using any macroing software, yet I have been given a false temporary ban.

Overall, I do not think I deserve this temporary ban and I humbly request your team to clear my account of this offence as I have not committed the offence of macroing. Besides the impact on my affected account’s subscription period and game progress, playing the game can be difficult to enjoy now as I have been falsely banned just by playing the minigame filled with bots. It makes playing with the bots a lot more hazardous than I had anticipated due to the risk of my account being banned as well.

Please reach out to me as soon as possible.

PS: I have been surviving as hardcore ironman for almost 3 years and I do not wish to lose this progress from this silly false offence.

28-Dec-2023 14:07:19

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From '
Terms & Conditions
' ...

22. COMPLAINTS

If you are dissatisfied with a Jagex Product or any aspect of it, please contact us via the customer support section of the Jagex Product website
here
. If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, please write to our registered office above providing us with the following information: your name, username, email address, the full details of your complaint, Jagex’s previous response to your complaint and why you disagree with the outcome. Please mark the letter for the attention of the “Customer Support Complaints Team”.

After followed further links about your issue you end up as picture below

That is the road to follow because once you click said link (in there) you are able to log in to proceed said procedure.

28-Dec-2023 14:29:35

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, HC3rd.

Do you use RuneLite by any chance? What you received was a temporary ban, which means that you were given a warning and a second chance to stop doing whatever it was that got your account detected. Jagex is giving you the benefit of the doubt and they didn't consider your action(s) serious enough to merit a permanent ban; however, if they do catch you again, the next ban will be permanent.

Just so you know: whenever you receive a macroing ban, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are getting banned for your actions at the time the ban is added to the account. Macroing and/or use of bots bans usually take some time for the investigation to be carried out and players always believe that they are being banned for whatever they are doing in-game at the time the account is banned.

If you desire more details regarding your ban, see Macroing & RWT bans [Info] .

28-Dec-2023 17:07:26

HC3rd
Oct Member 2023

HC3rd

Hey 2_Tron, thanks for your reply on this.

Yes, I have submitted the appeal, but was denied. This isn't fair as I'm completely innocent on this since I've been playing purely on my hand, not those whatever programmed bots we have been seeing them used for gold farming and I despised them all the time.

It does leave me no choice but to send the letter as you suggested there and I do really hope Jagex would hear me out on this and clear my account from this offence. I'm so afraid to do any activities which are filled with bots as they might wrongly ban me without properly screen my account.

It feels like those bots-filled safe minigame are much more hazardous (which is getting wrongly banned again with permanent as 2nd offence) than doing dangerous combat stuff.

28-Dec-2023 21:18:20

HC3rd
Oct Member 2023

HC3rd

Hi Mrs Ana, thanks for providing your thoughts on this.

I don't use Runelite as I have stated 3 apps I have been using to play for the following specific reasons.
- Legacy Java Client
> the original client with least operating constraints on my operating device that allow me to engage in most dangerous activities.

- Steam version
> it has fancy UI and trackers, but I'll only use it for safe activities as I have experienced graphical lag from using this version.

- OSRS Mobile
> very difficult to play this on intense activities, thus would play it while being at outdoor and like to progress my game as well.

I have replied 2_Tron and I insisted that I'm innocent on this, yet I got banned for this silly macroing offence as I have been playing by hand all the time. I will certainly use the postal service to send the letter to their office directly raising this concern, hopefully to clear off my offence on this account I should not be deserved.

28-Dec-2023 21:29:49

HC3rd
Oct Member 2023

HC3rd

Message to Jagex Moderator

Following up on this, could we get response on this false ban I shouldn't deserve?

Otherwise, I may have to use international postal just listen on this issue. I could hardly enjoy with this offence history on this account now :(

01-Jan-2024 11:35:19

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Message to Jagex Moderator

Following up on this, could we get response on this false ban I shouldn't deserve?
The forums cannot be used to contact Jagex about offences.
You need to use the Appeal System.
If you have submitted an appeal and been denied, there is no further action you can take to get the offence removed from your account record.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

01-Jan-2024 12:51:44

Quick find code: 408-409-771-66292375 Back to Top