Forums

Is my account totally lost?

Quick find code: 408-409-767-66292245

cPryde

cPryde

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello everyone, I'm making my first post in here since I think im going to lose my mind.
After an unfortunate chains of events im (kinda) locked out of my account. My very first mistake was using a burner account I created for vpn free trial as my email adress, didnt think much of it since it was logged in on my laptop so I just guessed I'll always have access to it.
My second big mistake was buying a new phone and forgetting to migrate my authenticator so I also lost that.
My third and biggest mistake was totalling my laptop by throwing a full hot cup of coffe over it. After this I managed to get an old laptop going but that laptop was totally lost to sweet cafeine.
As it's obvious new pc meant no access to my saved gmail accounts, managed to log in to pretty much everything but that account so I started to send some appeals to see if I could get it back.

I kinda gave up when reddit informed me I could log in into my jagex account from Steam (linked my osrs account to Steam on 2023 when osrs launched there) and just didn't cared for recovering my account since this was a perfectly decent workaround. Lo and behold Jagex removed Steam as a login method and locked it to just email and password so the recovery attemps were back on the menu.

I sent over 10 appeals detailing absolutly everthing about my accont, all the way to creation to the plethora of purchases made from Steam, including dates, cards used and sums of money.

The bizarre part in all of this is that I can still access my account here from Steam and play the game from the Steam Client but can log in into the jagex launcher to play for Runelite or from my phone (which I would love since I work pretty much all day long). I'm stuck in some kind of limbo where I can play and enjoy Leagues but at the same time I constantly feel like im losing on the enjoyment by not being able to use runelite and mobile.

Sorry for the bad english, im not a native and i'm REALLY frustrated by my experience with Support.

24-Dec-2023 05:21:11

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello cPryde and Welcome to the Forums.

I've gone and moved your thread to the Account Help section as this is the best place for you to get the help and advice you need to access your accounts.

Hopefully 1 of the Community Helpers or 1 of the Community minded people who know these things can help you out.

Good luck here as you seem to need it.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

24-Dec-2023 11:08:04

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe you didn't hear of it but I'll make you aware of how to secure your account ...

Security tips ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
'

if you wanna take it a step higher to the maximum security ...

Upgrade your character to Jagex account ... <- (link) also at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' ... and give it a good read to make sure how properly proceed this change.

The issues with Steam-login Jagex/JMods are aware of and diving into it to fix it ...
22 DEC Players unable to login via Steam ... <- (link)

If your account recovery is denied, please do visit the next link ...
Account recovery denied ... <- (link)

See what is bugging your recovery attempts and view the answers you've gotten from Jagex/JMods in previous recoveries.

24-Dec-2023 12:01:33

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cPryde said :

I sent over 10 appeals detailing absolutly everthing about my accont, all the way to creation to the plethora of purchases made from Steam, including dates, cards used and sums of money.

This will NOT prove that you are the '
creator/owner
' of said account as it only proves that you are the last paying person of said account.

24-Dec-2023 12:03:37

cPryde

cPryde

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for your answer.
I get that it's hard to prove without a doubt that I created the account but the amount of information I provided is kinda ridiculous.
I gave Jagex:
1) Account creation info, down to date, IP and geolocation.
2) All payment information about memberships and bonds starting Jan 2023 (when OSRS launched on Steam and regional prices meant I could reliably buy membership for a reasonble prize instead of depending on grinding for bonds). This payment information included both credit and debit cards used (last 4 digits, name, exp) as well as Steam Transaction IDs and date down to the hour.
3) ISP histoy, ISP used when creating account and the one I'm currently using.
4) My current IP with dates and explinations on all device changes.
5) Date I moved apt within my city (never played from outside my town aside from maybe one day trip)
6) In game activity and even current movements since I continue playing from Steam.

Truth be told I just wanna get back my Jagex account so I can finish playing Leagues on Runelite with all the nice features it has, I'm still playing from the official Steam Client but its incredibly barebones.

It's kinda bizarre that I can't get full access to my account even while still playing the game and paying for it.

27-Dec-2023 01:38:11

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, cPryde.

I'm assuming that you do not have a Jagex Account since you cannot log in using the Jagex Launcher. As of November 7th, 2023 , only Jagex Accounts can be used to log in using the Jagex Launcher. If you do not have a Jagex Account yet, then you are still able to log in using the standable client for RuneScape 3 or Old School RuneScape (OSRS). Eventually, though, Jagex's goal is to have everyone migrate to a Jagex Account.

Furthermore, another piece of evidence that proves that you do not have a Jagex Account is that you are trying to manually recover an account. That is, Jagex Accounts cannot be manually recovered to avoid human error, i.e., you cannot send a recovery request for a Jagex Account.

If you wish, you may upgrade to a Jagex Account here: Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account . As soon as you do that, you'll be able to link any other character/account that you have into this Jagex Account. You will also be able to use the Jagex Launcher to play.

All the information about Jagex Accounts may be found below:

https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/categories/4403516390801-Jagex-Accounts

Once you have a Jagex Account, you may import your character and play it through Steam, if you so desire.

"Can I log in to a Jagex Account via Steam?

After importing a character to your Jagex Account, you can still play it through the Steam client. However, you can only link one character per Steam account, and it will not grant access to other characters on your Jagex account. Make sure to enable Steam Guard to protect your Steam account."

Source:
https://help.jagex.com/hc/en-gb/articles/12423096201873-Jagex-Accounts-FAQ

The information above is for Jagex Accounts only.

27-Dec-2023 15:58:33 - Last edited on 27-Dec-2023 16:00:35 by Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

The information in this post is for regular, non-Jagex Accounts.

If you need more assistance, the Account recovery denied Support page may give you some insight on what they are looking for during the account recovery process for non-Jagex Accounts.

Always remember...

• Try not to use a VPN when recovering an account. VPNs make it harder for Jagex to create a digital print of the account, something that's very useful to them and to the player when such player is trying to recover an account;
• You must try to recover the account in question from the location that you created the account on or the location that you play the most on. This will show Jagex more proof that you are indeed the account's owner;
• The earlier the information that you enter, the better. This is because it will allow Jagex to see that you indeed know the earliest details on the account. Most recent details may not be useful;
• Try to put the ISP that was used when you created the account. If it's still the same, then say so. This will help you tremendously;
• Try to name ANY display names of OTHER accounts that you may already own, even if you don't play on them that often. This allows Jagex to cross-reference ownership links among those accounts;
• Billing information usually means the earliest details that you may have from the account in question;
• You should mention the original display name of the account, ONLY if the account in question has an email as a login.

Keep trying. Don't give up and read those deny emails sent to you. They are informative :) .

27-Dec-2023 15:58:37

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Also, cPryde, please remember that after you upgrade to a Jagex Account , your previous RuneScape login details become obsolete. That is, if you had an username and password -- accounts created before November 2010 -- or an email address and password -- accounts created after November 2010 -- those are no longer useful and are thus replaced with the NEW email address and password that you have selected for your NEW Jagex Account.

"Your old RuneScape login details will become invalid, instead, you'll use your new Jagex email and password for all of your imported characters (so don't forget it!)"

Source: Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account

27-Dec-2023 16:03:56

Quick find code: 408-409-767-66292245 Back to Top