Forums

15+ acc locked for 3yrs

Quick find code: 408-409-756-66278234

Valiuska8
Mar Member 2024

Valiuska8

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi,

My 15+ years (maybe now even 20 years old) account has been locked since 2019 July.
I appealed more than 30 times I think. I do not remember when exactly it was created, nor what was my ISP at that time or my first password, I am not even sure if I had any recovery questions set up. I did provide the latest passwords that I remember, also, I did provide transaction ID's of the bond purchases that I made back in May and June 2019.

I hope you could actually help me. Appealing does not work with the information that I still remember and that I have. I would be happy to provide my login username and the email that is associated with this account if there will be a need.

12-Apr-2023 21:31:41

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Valiuska8

If the account was locked, you only need access to the registered email to unlock it. The full recovery process is done only if you cannot access the registered email.

If the account is as old as you say, providing information from 2019 isn't useful.
Jagex need to see proof that YOU created the account and that means providing information from the creation and early years.
Information from 2019 just shows that you have had access to the account, not that you created it.

Has the account ever been hijacked during its life? If so, you should only provide information that pre-dates the hijack as Jagex want to see information from a time when the account was completely secure.

Ask family members if they can remember the creation ISP.
Do you know why the account was locked in 2019?
Do another recovery and post back and tell us how quickly the deny email arrives back.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

12-Apr-2023 23:46:16

Valiuska8
Mar Member 2024

Valiuska8

Hi Malua,

Thank you for your message.

No, the account was never hijacked. Unfortunately, they have no idea as well regarding the ISP. Yes, I am pretty sure why the account was locked - it is because I logged in from a different country. I was visiting my family and logged in to play and almost immediately after that, my account got locked. Did another recovery and got denied immediately. Included more information and still nothing.

13-Apr-2023 00:51:45

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, logging in from a different country will lock the account. The only thing that will stop that is having Authenticator set and travelling with the Auth. Jagex can see that the account owner is still in control if they are using the original Auth from home.

An immediate deny is a bad sign.
Don’t submit the password in use at the time the account was locked.
Either your creation information is severely lacking or no correct old passwords have been submitted (or both).
Check the reasons for the deny as you will be given a list of what Jagex want to see.

Is there a reason you can’t get access to the registered email? As I said earlier, having access to the registered email makes unlocking the account straightforward.
Have you tried to regain access to the email?
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

13-Apr-2023 05:43:53

Valiuska8
Mar Member 2024

Valiuska8

The reasons are simple, it's because I lack information and can't provide the correct info.
As I said, this account is super old, and it's impossible to remember all the exact details. I am providing the information that I still know and remember.
I do have the access to the email that is associated with my account. Keep in mind that I was using a login username, and not an email for this account. Also, just found an email that 3 months before I was locked out, I asked to disable the authenticator, this was probably the biggest mistake that I made.

13-Apr-2023 10:10:38

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,111 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
IF you have access to the registered email, why not just change email.. and once back into your account set up authenticator again.

in Malua's first post she talks about just needing access to registered email.

If you do have access to registered email then changing password should be pretty simple.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

13-Apr-2023 12:06:55

Valiuska8
Mar Member 2024

Valiuska8

Hi,

Every time I try to change my password, the appeal is denied. It keeps forwarding me to the "unlock your account" page. The email I tried to use is associated with another account, so I guess my account was not associated with this email or it was unlinked somehow.
Without unlocking my account, I am not able to change my password or add/change my email.
Simply there is nothing that I can do at this point..

13-Apr-2023 13:56:32

Quick find code: 408-409-756-66278234 Back to Top