Forums

Avoiding macroing ban

Quick find code: 408-409-735-66291548

Zeqidox
Dec Member 2023

Zeqidox

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear community,

Unfortunatly my old account got banned for macroing. It was a shock for me as i had no clue or feeling that i did something wrong. As my appeal got denied i got only one option left: starting a new account. But to avoid to be banned again for "macroing" i was wondering what i can do about it.

I love to grind, love to train and skill. When i'm online i do my best to get a lot of XP. Maybe that it looks as macroing? As always, i do all this training by myself. I don't use any bot, keyboard shortcuts, mouse shortcuts, scripts, VPN network or anything else. I only use the official Jagex Launcher.

Is it possible that i've got banned on my old account due to the use of my mobile phone? I've used my Samsung S23 Ultra to play with the pen that comes along with it. When i hold the pen just a millimeter of the screen a small circle appears. Could it be that they see this as macroing?

What can i do to avoid to be banned again for macroing? My computer scans itself to see if there is any virus. I don't play on my mobile phone anymore. Sometimes i listen to music on my computer when i play via Spotify. This all can't be a macroing problem i guess? What am i missing here?

Would love to hear your tips as i don't want to be banned in the future anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tommie, known as Zeqidox.

07-Dec-2023 22:30:02 - Last edited on 07-Dec-2023 22:50:01 by Zeqidox

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Zeqidox, I too like to skill/grind/train for hours on a row so I can pay for another few bonds ingame and for the rest I enjoy playing RuneScape for all the things it has to offer.

I use '
standard off the shelf hardware
' and in order to be able to play RuneScape I use '
standard software that comes with said computer
'. I use a standard mouse and keyboard, also delivered with the same computer.

Furthermore, I use '
Jagex's Official Game Clients
' which I am able to download from the website of Jagex/RuneScape.

'
Jagex Launcher
' itself '
is a secure tool to login into Jagex's Servers
' and is not a game client but once logged in it allows you to summon the game client you need to play your version of RuneScape.

Nothing has ever happened to me in terms of being banned for macroing and there will never happen anything of that order with one of my accounts.

It's that simple.

Most people start to fail once they do summon/use 3rd party software ... '
of which some can be/are approved but always are used at your own risk
'.
Problem is you have to check its validity yourself and if you fail ... the risk is ... of getting banned. Jagex/JMods do apply a '
Zero Tolerance Policy
' when it comes to game abuse.
3rd Party software is created by others, '
NOT BY JAGEX
', and it is that kind of software that may have '
incorporated malicious/prohibited software
' that can do things Jagex/JMods don't want to see happen on their servers.

Jagex/JMods have a sensitive security system that picks out 'prohobited actions/game abuse' and notify that rules are broken. A full list of information about 'what kind of actions/devices/software' is listed with the security warning, so JMods are able to check out and verify what happened. There's no escape for anyone for that matter.

08-Dec-2023 07:04:21

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please do read the '
Rules of RuneScape
' AND '
Terms & Conditions
' at the bottom of the website where all information is listed a player needs to know to be at the safe side.
Use Jagex's gaming software and '
don't let yourself to be fooled that it is OK to use 3rd party software
' as it is not.

'
Jagex's Software
' is constantly being '
checked/dubble checked that it doesn't contain any problems/prohibited actions that may cause any sort of ban
'. If there's something wrong and you are able to higlight the problem, Jagex/JMods do anything to locate the culprit and fix it for you and compensate your loss in any way.

'
3rd party software
' is a temporary promise that this kind of software is ok and allowed to be used and always has a steady group of people around it that supports these claims.
'
Nobody will know when this temporary promise will be broken and how
', but fact is, in The RuneScape Offical Forums we daily see the results of these promises, where players do complain to be banned.

08-Dec-2023 07:17:07

Zeqidox
Dec Member 2023

Zeqidox

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for your help 2_Tron, i appreciate it! I've read all the rules and i can't figure it out where it went wrong.

Also i'm a bit of confused. I've always played on this computer with the current settings and i never received a ban before. The only thing that i can assume is that it went wrong on my mobile phone with the pen which is included. Maybe this triggers the macroing effect when i'm holding the pen just a little above the screen. A small circle appears on the screen without touching the screen.

For now i've deleted some other programs and continue the way i played like i did before. Hopefully i won't receive a ban anymore but i'm constantly checking my account status :( .

If there are some people who got some ideas on where it went wrong i would love to hear them.

08-Dec-2023 09:53:23

Quick find code: 408-409-735-66291548 Back to Top