Forums

Can't receive emails

Quick find code: 408-409-720-66289579

horsesaymeow
Mar Member 2024

horsesaymeow

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have been trying to change my password, but I cannot get the reset email from Jagex. The registered email listed on my account page is correct. I have checked my spam folder, checked the blocked and forwarded list, and added the suggested Jagex emails to my contact list. I have received emails from Jagex in the past. I still have my password and access to my account, but I can't change my email or password without receiving emails.

I suspect it might be a similar situation to this one here . When adding to the contact list, I found that one of the Jagex email addresses was on my spam list and removed it, but I still cannot receive any emails from them.

31-Oct-2023 06:07:06

horsesaymeow
Mar Member 2024

horsesaymeow

Thank you, but I did go through all the steps listed on that page already. The thread you linked is the exact one I linked in my post as well.

How do I submit a ticket for this issue? I can only find the page for account recovery, which I don't need to do.

31-Oct-2023 17:18:41

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
How do I submit a ticket for this issue? I can only find the page for account recovery, which I don't need to do.
If you have tried everything and the password email just won't arrive then you need to do a recovery and force a change of registered email to a different email.

A recovery will both set a new registered email AND set a new password.

What email provider are you using? Not all email providers treat Jagex emails as important enough to forward to their recipients. I recommend Gmail as it is problem free.
If you are already using Gmail then the problem must be in your email settings.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

31-Oct-2023 22:10:24

horsesaymeow
Mar Member 2024

horsesaymeow

I am using Gmail. In the thread I linked, the problem was not, in fact, with the user's email settings, and was actually an issue on Jagex's side. So no, the problem is not necessarily with my email settings. Is there no way to get someone to look and see if this is a similar issue? I do not want to change my email address. If I could submit a ticket for something other than a recovery request, I would.

31-Oct-2023 22:40:20 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2023 22:40:53 by horsesaymeow

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

In the thread you linked, the problem was kicked off by the OP sending a Jagex email to spam. This stopped further Jagex emails from arriving.
Is that what happened in your case?
If so, you are experiencing a technical issue, not an account issue and would need to go searching in the tech support section of the Support Centre and find a contact point in there.
Forum Community Helper -

31-Oct-2023 23:05:44

horsesaymeow
Mar Member 2024

horsesaymeow

As I mentioned in my original post, I found one of the Jagex emails on my spam list when I added it to my contacts. This is why I suspect these may be similar issues. I have already removed it from the spam list.

Is it possible to move this thread to the other section or should I repost it there?

31-Oct-2023 23:14:10

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

I can move the thread but it won't help you.
This isn't the pathway to put the problem before a JMod.

The OP of the other thread doesn't say how they managed to get their message through but I suspect they used reddit as it has more JMod interaction in there than the forums here. :|
Other than that, the Support Centre has contact points.
Forum Community Helper -

31-Oct-2023 23:45:55 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2023 23:51:11 by Malua

Quick find code: 408-409-720-66289579 Back to Top