Forums

Can I Delete Old Authenticator

Quick find code: 408-409-709-66291431

Emberwind
Jan Member 2022

Emberwind

Posts: 10,482 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Before the Jagex Account thing come out, I had my account attached to one email and it had its own authenticator. Now, I used a different email to open a Jagex account, and link my account to it. Then, I created another authenticated for the Jagex Account thing...

My question is: can I remove my older authentication? Right now, I can sign in with both.

05-Dec-2023 01:09:13

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Emberwind said :
Before the Jagex Account thing come out, I had my account attached to one email and it had its own authenticator. Now, I used a different email to open a Jagex account, and link my account to it. Then, I created another authenticated for the Jagex Account thing...

My question is: can I remove my older authentication? Right now, I can sign in with both.
Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for details.

--------------------------

Your old RuneScape login details will become invalid, instead, you'll use your new Jagex email and password for all of your imported characters (so don't forget it!)

--------------------------

Just as your login details, your authentication that's connected to your old login details becomes invalid/obselete and can be deleted as such.

Your new authentication is set to your new login details for your Jagex account.

05-Dec-2023 07:50:06

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
WarmKwakje

I presume the lack of Authenticator access is stopping you from logging in the the koudkwakje account.

You need access to the registered email of your account to be able to disable Authenticator.

If you no longer have access to the registered email, you would need to do a 'recovery' on your RuneScape account and force set a new email and password.

Instructions are on the Change registered email support page under the 'If you don't have access to the registered email' heading.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

11-Dec-2023 09:05:40

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Hi there
Khuulla

Did you have Authenticator set up before?
If you did, did you have it set to ask for a code every 30 days?
Are you just looking for where on the website you can check if you have Authenticator or not?

If you did not have Authenticator set up before, set it up now.
Instructions: Enable authenticator

If you did have it set up but it is set up to ask for a code only every 30 days, you should wait out the rest of the 30 days.

If you are looking for where on the website you can check if you have Authenticator or not, you can only check if your account has been upgraded to a Jagex Account. If you don't have a Jagex account, you have to check in your own Authenticator app.
Forum Community Helper -

13-Dec-2023 23:46:51

Khuulla
Dec Member 2006

Khuulla

Posts: 44 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the reply Malua
Yes I had 30 day authenticator set up on the rs account, which would show a wrench icon showing that it was active. Now on the new jagex account i see nothing. Does it automatically transfer to the new account or do I have to do something to enable it. Don't know when the 30days are up but if it is active I should see something in the next few days. I don't want to do anything to mess things up so if I do need to make any changes I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing.

14-Dec-2023 21:27:46

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

If you have fully upgraded to a Jagex Account (not just the Jagex Launcher) then your old Authenticator is no longer in operation. You will have to set it up again.

Click on 'My Account' at the top of this page then 'Jagex Account Management' on the next screen.
You will see on the next page whether Authenticator is disabled or enabled and you start in there to set a new one up.

Your old Auth for your RuneScape account can now be deleted from your phone as it doesn't transfer.
Note: if you only have the Jagex Launcher and not a Jagex Account, your old Auth will still be active so don't delete it.
Forum Community Helper -

14-Dec-2023 21:47:04 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2023 21:49:09 by Malua

Quick find code: 408-409-709-66291431 Back to Top