Jagex account disabled!

Quick find code: 408-409-707-66292469

DON VITELLO
Jan Member 2024

DON VITELLO

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi guys hoping this reaches someone!

My jagex account has been disabled!

Short story I bought an account from a website online and added it too my jagex account (with proof) but it was obviously a scam the account creator took the account back and jagex have disabled my launcher saying I hijacked it which I didn't (with proof).

I understand it is against the rules to purchase that was my mistake ill hold my hands up lesson learnt 1.3b gp down the drain learnt.

All I'm asking is there a way to get in touch with jagex to resolve this surely if they know that I didn't steal someone's account then they would give me my jagex account back.

I'm hoping this reaches the right person, Thanks
Ash

30-Dec-2023 17:14:28

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
REAL WORLD TRADING
Real World trading (RWT) means buying or selling in the real world, for real money, things that relate to Jagex accounts. This includes:

In-game items
In-game Gold (GP)
Account names
In addition, paying someone to play your account for you is covered by this rule.

Everything in RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, including the account(s) you use to play the game, are owned by Jagex. Players are given permission to use these accounts by Jagex. However, Jagex do not give permission to anybody to sell or buy things that relate to Jagex accounts.

People who sell items or Gold (GP) often obtain them by:

Cheating or macroing, often known as ‘botting’
Hijacking (also known as 'hacking') other players accounts and taking their items
If you buy things from Real World Traders, you are also encouraging cheating and account hijacking.

People that sell game items, Gold (GP) and account names for real money are breaking the law. You can’t be sure that they will keep your information safe or even provide you with the things you have tried to buy.

If you provide them with payment details they may use your details to make purchases without your permission - also known as 'fraud.' If you provide them with personal information (
this means any information that could be used to identify you in the real world, including your name, date of birth, email address, user name, login details, etc.
) they may use that information without your permission in the future.

Quite frankly you have been RWT and as such I do not know what the endresult will be. That's up to Jagex/JMods investigating said issue.

30-Dec-2023 18:54:45

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Tiny Ashz

Was the bought account the only character you had on your Jagex Account?
If so, Jagex would deactivate the whole Jagex Account to remove the purchased character from your control.

Usually, if there are other characters on the Jagex Account that are genuinely owned by you, Jagex would leave the Jagex Account active and just remove the one character that was bought.

You really should take some time to read the rules.
Jagex accounts/characters cannot be bought, sold or given away.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

31-Dec-2023 01:06:01

2_Tron

2_Tron

Original message details are unavailable.
Hi guys hoping this reaches someone!

My jagex account has been disabled!

Short story I bought an account from a website online and added it too my jagex account (with proof) but it was obviously a scam the account creator took the account back and jagex have disabled my launcher saying I hijacked it which I didn't (with proof).

I understand it is against the rules to purchase that was my mistake ill hold my hands up lesson learnt 1.3b gp down the drain learnt.

All I'm asking is there a way to get in touch with jagex to resolve this surely if they know that I didn't steal someone's account then they would give me my jagex account back.

I'm hoping this reaches the right person, Thanks
Tiny Ashz, I would suggest to stop using 'with proof' because Jagex/JMods already had all details necessary to do what they needed to do. Cease your rights using '
Jagex's Digital Property
'.

'
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Jagex Product, the server on which the Jagex Product is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Jagex Product. You must not attack the Jagex Products via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act (1990). We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them in accordance with our Privacy Policy. In the event of such a breach, your right to use and licenses granted in these Terms to the Jagex Product will cease immediately without notice from us.
'

Attempting to use that 'malicious account' adding it to your Jagex account and use it to gain access to '
Jagex's Servers
' is an attempt to hijack those servers.

31-Dec-2023 09:34:35

2_Tron

2_Tron

Read '
Terms & Conditions
' very thoroughly and you have broken multiple rules at once and your actions were done with premeditation.

On top of that you did
provide them with personal information (
this means any information that could be used to identify you in the real world, including your name, date of birth, email address, user name, login details, etc.
) they may use that information without your permission in the future.

This could also mean that you could/are getting issues of a different kind affecting your real life situation.

There is no way you are able to prove that as you have no information about said account.

31-Dec-2023 09:42:47 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2023 09:43:23 by 2_Tron

2_Tron

2_Tron

Your scenario of what happened to you can be found in '
Rules of RuneScape
'.

BUYING/SELLING AND SHARING ACCOUNTS

Players must not share, transfer or lend their account to anyone else. You may have as many game accounts as you like, but each account should only be used by the person who created it. All game accounts are the property of Jagex and players are only granted limited permission to use accounts. Nobody has our permission to sell accounts.

If you buy an account, it’s likely that the seller will take it back from you after you have already put time, resources and effort into it.

For another player to use your account they will require your login details. This means your account security is weakened. If you allow somebody else to access your account they might steal items or Gold (GP) from you or even try to claim the account belongs to them so they can keep using it forever. In addition, if they cheat or break our rules using your account they could get your account muted or banned for things that you haven’t done.

Sharing accounts is also a form of cheating. This is because sharing an account with somebody else gives you an unfair advantage. Completing challenging achievements and appearing on the HiScores is recognition of individual effort, and should only apply to players who stick to the rules and play fairly.

31-Dec-2023 10:00:47

2_Tron

2_Tron

The moment you have created a Jagex Account (Tiny Ashz), ...
regardless how many other characters you add to that Jagex Account (Tiny Ashz)
... , and action is taken against your Jagex Account (Tiny Ashz) or any of your characters added to your Jagex Account (Tiny Ashz),
action taken by Jagex/JMods will affect all characters of said Jagex Account
, the moment Jagex/JMods decide to cease your rights making use of '
Jagex's Digital Property
' because of said action taken.

31-Dec-2023 19:13:35 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2023 19:14:25 by 2_Tron

2_Tron

2_Tron

'
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Jagex Product, the server on which the Jagex Product is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Jagex Product.
'

'
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act (1990). We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them in accordance with our Privacy Policy. In the event of such a breach, your right to use and licenses granted in these Terms to the Jagex Product will cease immediately without notice from us.
'

31-Dec-2023 19:28:54

Quick find code: 408-409-707-66292469 Back to Top