Forums

Hacked account. Any options?

Quick find code: 408-409-706-66293264

Kittenzomg
Jan Member 2021

Kittenzomg

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I haven't played the account in a while except day one of leagues 4, but I didn't actually check anything on my main character so I'm not sure if I had been hacked at that point or not. I logged in today and noticed my bank pin was disabled and all my coins were gone as well as some items though I'm not sure exactly what they were since it's been so long. I know they dismantled my slayer helm and took the black mask. I can't remember how much gold I actually had but it was at least 20m I think. I changed all my passwords and upgraded to a jagex account today to be safe. I already had an authenticator attached. I'm really not sure how they got into my account.

Just not sure if there's any options for me to get the items missing since I don't even know what exactly is gone. I just know someone else has logged in and they definitely stole my coins.

16-Jan-2024 15:53:35

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Kittenzomg

Was your Authenticator still active or had it been disabled?

If it was still active, you should check in the 'Linked Accounts' tab in account management.
If you see any linked accounts, unlink them. Click on 'Manage Steam' to check for a linked Steam account.

If your Authenticator was disabled, it means your email is insecure and you should change the password on that as well.

Jagex can only check for missing items/gp if they were removed from the account within the past 60 days. If they left the account earlier, the time to check for a Lost Items claim is past.
The information article and claim button is here: Lost items
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

16-Jan-2024 21:26:27

Quick find code: 408-409-706-66293264 Back to Top