Forums

Another account registered?

Quick find code: 408-409-705-66289454

HCIM Fetus

HCIM Fetus

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have 3 accounts registered on this email I'm using currently....For some reason it won't let me request a password reset for my maxxed main character after I unlinked it from steam and facebook, I should have waited for teh FB unlink but I got hacked recenetly from steam and was trying to clean up my account. Now its making me do an account recovery but I made that account like 15 years ago and the info I have is very fuzzy on it so they keep denying me, I even had like 15+ transaction IDs from purchases that go back to 2017, have an email saying that I changed it to this one and I even still have the authenticator for it on my phone, but for some reason its just floating in limbo and I'm worried I won't be able to get it back.

29-Oct-2023 01:32:14

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
HCIM Fetus

Why do you need to do a recovery?
Has the hijacker changed the registered email to an email you don't know?

If your account is still original, you should be using the old 'username' as its login.
And, if the account is still registered to an email you have access to and you have the Authenticator, there should be no problems to just change the password.

If you have upgraded your account to a Jagex Account, you have to use the new login you set.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

29-Oct-2023 01:54:43

HCIM Fetus

HCIM Fetus

No they didn't change the email.
For example This account HCIM Fetus, Fetus Tree and Slipknot1914 are all registered on this email and as far as I know he didn't change any emails and before I un-linked steam and facebook it said this one I'm using now was its registered address.

I downloaded the new launcher after un-linking steam and getting hijacked and when I used the e-mail it came up as this character, I added Slipknot1914 and then tried to add Fetus Tree but I'm not getting any emails for Fetus Tree.

I was logging in through steam with just a click login for like 2-3 years so I can't exactly remember the typed password for Fetus Tree himself so that's why I was attempting to recover it.

29-Oct-2023 01:01:20

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, thanks for explaining. :)

Have you tried the instructions on the Reset password support page?
Under the 'If you have access to your registered email' heading it says
"With a Jagex account, you can quickly import any Runescape characters whose registered email address matches your new Jagex account, without needing to remember your old password ."

Downloading the Jagex Launcher is one step short of upgrading to a full Jagex Account.
Note: the Jagex Account will set a brand new login for your grouped together accounts i.e. you will lose the 'username' login.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

29-Oct-2023 01:27:54 - Last edited on 29-Oct-2023 01:29:54 by Malua

HCIM Fetus

HCIM Fetus

Yesssssssssssssssssss Thank you so much this helped me out alot.

What I had done was downloaded the launcher and added accounts to it but I didn't upgrade my actual email so it wasn't like an actual "Jagex Account" it was just the random ones I added. So I upgraded it and was able to import all my characters into the launcher.

T_T thank you so much.

29-Oct-2023 02:11:19

Quick find code: 408-409-705-66289454 Back to Top