Forums

RS3 jagex account lost 2FA

Quick find code: 408-409-698-66293234

G Rapids

G Rapids

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
** Posting for a friend as he cannot even login to his account to post here as he lost his 2FA when getting a new phone and cloud backup on Microsoft Authenticator not enabled***

Several months ago I updated my login to a Jagex account and linked an authenticator on my phone at the same time. All was good until a week ago when I broke my phone and had to get a new one. I foolishly assumed that the authenticator app would carry over to my new phone and I'd be able to log in as usual - this did not turn out to be the case. I'm still logged in on my PC and iPad but I'm playing on borrowed time, the next time it logs me out I won't be able to get back in without access to the app, Unbelievably I also can't find my backup codes, a mistake I realize lands on me.

At this point though I feel absolutely stuck. My account is 20 years old and I've been playing this character since elementary school, so to see the authentication section on the support page tell me my account is gone forever and to create a new one is absolutely wild. I bought premium membership and have played religiously for quite some time so Jagex has my information, it's absolutely blowing my mind that it seems there's no other way to verify my identity and give me back access.

Am I missing something here, or has anyone managed to delink an authenticator? When I click on the options to remove mine through the support page it asks for an authentication code to proceed! This seems like a ridiculously easy mistake to make.

15-Jan-2024 18:33:53

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When generating the backup codes, we're told to put them in a safe place that we can access if needed....but keep them secure so someone cant get ahold of them and hijack your account.

By default, the file is named "Jagex - Backup Codes.txt", so probably best to search the computer for that, or anything similar that they could've renamed it to.

Beyond that, nothing more can be done if those codes cannot be found.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

15-Jan-2024 18:53:12

Quick find code: 408-409-698-66293234 Back to Top