Forums

Jagex Launcher Upgrade Help

Quick find code: 408-409-685-66291875

Redwynd
Oct Member 2023

Redwynd

Posts: 2,528 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My dad and I have been playing Runescape since 2004. We have a shared email account for Jagex communication, but our individual player accounts have always been separate.

This morning he opened the Jagex Launcher to play, and instead of logging him into the game, it brought up a new login screen. This led to a long process of trying to figure out how to access his character so he could play. We went through all the account support options, which led to us creating a Jagex account and trying to import our characters.

We hit a couple issues that didn't seem to be covered in account support. Since the Jagex Account is now tied to our main email account, does that mean that both of our characters will be considered "owned" by only one of us? If that's the case, then would we not be allowed to play our characters at the same time on different computers?

When we started the process of importing our characters, there was a notice that if we continued, our original login information would be deleted, leaving the Jagex Account login as the only way to access our characters. A further warning stated that if we took this next step, it would be irreversible. And that is when my nerve failed!

At the moment, we are both in Runescape limbo. Neither of us can play the game. Thok and Hans will not be receiving their presents from Santa today. :D

Any advice on how to proceed would be very much appreciated.

14-Dec-2023 23:21:06

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Redwynd

Sharing the same email for Jagex communication and playing from the same location looks to Jagex like the same player owns both accounts.

You each need to create your own, separate Jagex Account, otherwise your two accounts will be forever linked together under single ownership.

To do this, one of you needs to change the registered email of their RuneScape account to a different email.
This needs to be the one of you who didn't upgrade their RuneScape account into the Jagex Account. (I am assuming one account has been upgraded to a Jagex Account but the other one hasn't).

The link to the Jagex Account Support Centre is on this page.
The Jagex Account Support Centre has a whole bunch of articles to inform and assist you but changing the registered email of the old RuneScape account is done by following these instructions: Change registered email
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

14-Dec-2023 23:53:51 - Last edited on 15-Dec-2023 00:29:16 by Malua

Quick find code: 408-409-685-66291875 Back to Top