Forums

DarthMaul being banned

Quick find code: 408-409-626-66289003

GutBerserker
Mar Member 2020

GutBerserker

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What did my Twin do and if you say real world trading that is a complete lie all he did was give some weps and armor and some supplies to people who were down on there luck and if you are talking about his money he gave them to me cause we each have our own account and share the items and money we get we have never broken any rules and he was "banned" for this reason before but again they were mistaken for the same reason they are now we told them that he did nothing but they are ignoring our plea for help to undo this wrongful accusation they have slandered our good name in this game and we were told that we could share our items and coins and all but they still did it again. please help us and thanks for your time

P.S: sorry if this is not good enough i just want help and i am sorry if this sounds rude i am just wanting to play with my twin

19-Oct-2023 18:47:06

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
GutBerserker

An account is banned when it receives RWT gold, not when it gives it away.

Your sibling should look at what they have been doing in-game.
* have they swapped gold between RS3 and OSRS?
* have they won a large amount of gold in a PvP fight?
* have they been traded a large amount of gold and given nothing (or almost nothing) in return?
It is possible to be banned for RWT when the account is an innocent victim of a RWTer though Jagex would normally send out a warning message first.
Are there any messages in their 'Messages' tab?

A ban for RWT is placed at the end of the investigation into the account and its activities.
If the account has received a warning but continued its activities, the next punishment is an unappealable ban.

Lastly, are you certain the offence is RWT?
It will say in the 'Account Status' tab what offence the account has been banned for.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

20-Oct-2023 00:05:16

GutBerserker
Mar Member 2020

GutBerserker

If it is an offence then why is it not in the rules cause we usally check the rules to make sure we do not break them we love this game and if it is an offence then what about famous youtubers do it all the time and in videos and during deadman everyone did it but they don't get in trouble

I just want to know if what we did is wrong or not

20-Oct-2023 00:27:03

GutBerserker
Mar Member 2020

GutBerserker

I also have a quick question would an Jagex Employee always have to put in a message to tell you of an offence that is possibly of importance if so he did not get one

Also their is a video of Youtuber Boaty doing a swap is he gonna get in trouble

all we know is we were playing it on the 17th of October and did not get a single warning if so then why did he get banned without being told of what we did of the said "crime" do we have get what we had all over again cause the money we got most of were from bonds so what did we do wrong

20-Oct-2023 00:35:25

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is not against the rules to swap gold between the two game versions.

However it is a trust trade.
You are trusting that the player you trade with is genuinely trading you gold that was earned in game, and not bought. This is the problem and this is what catches innocent players.

Jagex have all records of game transactions (going back a certain amount of time). They can see what has been traded for the gold. When they see a large sum of gold being traded for no equivalent value it raises a red flag. They start tracking the trades made on that account earlier and JMods have said a RWT is blindingly obvious.

The problem with RWT is it catches the victim as well as the guilty and, once banned, there is no appeal.
Swapping gold between the games is hugely risky because you just don't know whether the gold you are getting is honest. It's not about the gold you traded away, it's about the gold you received.

If your twin did not get a warning message, it indicates that Jagex do not believe he is an innocent participant in the RWT.
A well known YouTuber probably has a greater chance of trading genuine gold just because of their profile. They would be at less risk of getting into a dodgy deal. They probably knew the player they traded with really well. How well did your twin know the player they traded with?
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

20-Oct-2023 01:33:44

darthmaul
Jan Member 2020

darthmaul

Posts: 89 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yea i did nothing to get banned i have swapped alot of times i just buy bonds and alot of them i lost my p hat to a scammer and alot of money to another scammer. but i love this game i would never RWT i have played this game for about 20+ years i would never break a rule it to important i had a mental health problem where had to the hospital bc i saw the ban i do nothing to break rule

22-Oct-2023 23:16:12

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
GutBerserker said :
If it is an offence then why is it not in the rules cause we usally check the rules to make sure we do not break them we love this game and if it is an offence then what about famous youtubers do it all the time and in videos and during deadman everyone did it but they don't get in trouble

I just want to know if what we did is wrong or not
REAL WORLD TRADING

Real World trading (RWT) means buying or selling in the real world, for real money, things that relate to Jagex accounts. This includes:

- In-game items
- In-game Gold (GP)
- Account names

In addition, paying someone to play your account for you is covered by this rule.

Everything in RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, including the account(s) you use to play the game, are owned by Jagex. Players are given permission to use these accounts by Jagex. However, Jagex do not give permission to anybody to sell or buy things that relate to Jagex accounts.

People who sell items or Gold (GP) often obtain them by:

- Cheating or macroing, often known as ‘botting’
- Hijacking (also known as 'hacking') other players accounts and taking their items

If you buy things from Real World Traders, you are also encouraging cheating and account hijacking.

People that sell game items, Gold (GP) and account names for real money are breaking the law. You can’t be sure that they will keep your information safe or even provide you with the things you have tried to buy.

If you provide them with payment details they may use your details to make purchases without your permission - also known as 'fraud.' If you provide them with personal information
(this means any information that could be used to identify you in the real world, including your name, date of birth, email address, user name, login details, etc.)
they may use that information without your permission in the future.

23-Oct-2023 08:18:10

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@GutBerserker, I did pick ^ that up from the '
Rules of RuneScape
' (link can be found at every webpage at the bottom).

Below more information ...

Materials (including without limit all information, software, data, text, photographs, graphics, sound and video) placed on any Jagex Product by us, or on our behalf, are protected by our (or our business partners/suppliers/advertisers or licensors) copyright and other intellectual property rights. You may not use these materials or any Jagex Product except in accordance with these Terms and for personal and non-commercial use only.

You acknowledge that all intellectual property and other rights in any Jagex Product, including without limitation any game character, Account, content, Virtual Currency and virtual items in the Jagex Products are and will remain the property of Jagex and/or its licensors. As part of the license granted under these Terms, you are only granted limited non transferrable, non-sub-licensable permission (which can be revoked at any time) to use such content or Jagex Product, subject to and in accordance with these Terms and solely for your personal and non-commercial use.

Above a snip from '
Terms & Conditions
' (link can be found at every webpage at the bottom).

However there's more to read, both sources are rich of information where the boundaries are about what is allowed and what is prohibited.
I hope this may help you for other accounts. Said account is lost due to a '
Zero-Tolerance Policy
'.

23-Oct-2023 08:26:28

Quick find code: 408-409-626-66289003 Back to Top