Forums

Account falsly banned

Quick find code: 408-409-598-66292254

Ja sam lud

Ja sam lud

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, I am writing here in hope of getting some help by someone who had similar experience or by a moderator. Since my main is banned and for now I don't want to disclose username I am writing from this alt.

My main got banned few months ago without me noticing because I didn't play. I wanted to play back on it for this leagues 4 when I found out that it's banned. I immediately submitted an appeal claiming that I didn't bot on the account, which of course I didn't...I had all my gold on that account and I played on it my self since day one. I spent a lot of hours on it and that is the only account I could use to do PVM, all other of mine are for PVP.

Main reason I am wiring is that the appeal got declined and I don't know where to turn since it is final decision from Jagex and I wouldn't be writing here If I was guilty...The thing is, before submitting appeal I didn't check my email, I didn't know that even my email was compromised and hacked. I have authenticator on all my accounts and I am completely clueless how could someone get on my account and get me banned. I don't know if they can do it just by having my email and somehow skip the authenticator numbers required to login to the game.

All my emails used only for osrs are kind of similar and 3-4 of them were hacked. I got all emails under control now, I added Microsoft authenticator to the emails as well and used really complex passwords for all my emails that are used for osrs. Since I am a PVP-er in heart I have many accounts and I can't believe that someone got my main banned macroing.

24-Dec-2023 13:53:30

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Appeal an offence ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for more information.

Offences can be appealed once,
if your appeal is denied the decision is final.

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable,
it means that the Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct
and that the account's user is liable for the activity, so no further appeal is invited.

----------------------------------

Players are '
always responsible
' for said piece of digital property (RuneScape) they '
have lend/made use of
' eventhough they aren't '
active/playing
'.

Even if ... '
someone hijacked your account
' ... all Jagex/JMods can do is '
protect their Digital Property
' from malicious activity by taking action against said account, because of detected malicious activity.
Based upon evidence this might end into a permanent ban.

That someone had access to your credentials through email or otherwise, Jagex/JMods can't be held responsible for, it's your 'computer/device/account security'.

For other accounts you do possess I recommend you to change these RuneScape accounts into '
Jagex accounts
' for the best possible security.

Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for detailed information about the procedure.

Read that page carefully and watch said videos and prepare yourself for the future, Jagex Accounts are worth it.

24-Dec-2023 15:26:20

Quick find code: 408-409-598-66292254 Back to Top