Forums

Just upgraded to jagex account

Quick find code: 408-409-589-66291635

TheHarshErik

TheHarshErik

Posts: 327 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just upgraded to jagex account because of the +5min afk timer. Now if I want to play on this account again, Jagex launcher wants me to log out of all of my other runescape accounts and login with this account. I do not want to add all my other accounts to this one.. it's like putting all your eggs in one basket.

It looks like I need to run two jagex launchers on two computers or keep logging into all these accounts. This is a problem that shouldn't exist. Please help

10-Dec-2023 00:50:55

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The launcher isn't designed to have you log in and out between accounts.

You should have 1 account for all your characters. As long as you keep your details secure, have the backup codes stored, and your email remains secured also, there's zero worry on someone getting access.

As part of the design for the Jagex Accounts, with the increased security features that regular RS accounts do not have, it makes it safe to have all your characters together.

Given that all RS accounts are going to be migrated over eventually, and all new account creation will be Jagex Account, new character profiles will be made through this system.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

10-Dec-2023 01:10:14

TheHarshErik

TheHarshErik

YtHaar-Mej said :
You should have 1 account for all your characters. As long as you keep your details secure, have the backup codes stored, and your email remains secured also, there's zero worry on someone getting access.

Not a solution to my problem and no thanks for that. Not much has to go wrong to lose all accounts when they are added into one like that. So I'd still want it to be insolated as it used to be. I hesitated to upgrade.. now I regret it, as it's not reversible.

Does anyone know how to run two jagex launchers on the same computer?

10-Dec-2023 01:33:20

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TheHarshErik said :
Not a solution to my problem and no thanks for that. Not much has to go wrong to lose all accounts when they are added into one like that. So I'd still want it to be insolated as it used to be. I hesitated to upgrade.. now I regret it, as it's not reversible.
I wasn't providing a solution, as one doesn't exist for what you want.

The old account system is being removed eventually, and Jagex Accounts are going to be how we access the game. Old character logins will be disabled and we will have to migrate them to a Jagex Accounts (either convert to their own, or import to an existing) for continued access, and will need to utilize the launcher to load the games. And because the launcher only supports 1 account at a time, the only real choice is combining them into 1 (as Jagex is designing the account system around).

If you're absolutely insistent on it though, you could make each character a Jagex Account, and go through the whole acct login and auth process in the launcher every time you want to load a client with the character of choice. That isn't a recommended configuration though, and goes against the whole design concept, and separate Jagex Accounts will not able to be merged into one Jagex Account in future either by you or by Jagex staff intervention.

TheHarshErik said :
Does anyone know how to run two Jagex launchers on the same computer?
Not possible. Only 1 instance can run on a computer at a time, and both will load the same data regardless rather than let you log into separate accounts on each like loading separate clients can do.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

10-Dec-2023 03:36:14

Sc Jw
Jun Member 2019

Sc Jw

Posts: 1,659 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TheHarshErik said :
Does anyone know how to run two jagex launchers on the same computer?

You should be able to do it with a VM. Then you could make that a shared image and load it on different computers over your local network. Which is exactly what I'll do with our alt if they truly force this, otherwise I'll cancel it. And my wife and I will likely be right behind it.

11-Dec-2023 02:44:26

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi TheHarshErik. TheHarshErik said :
It looks like I need to run two jagex launchers on two computers or keep logging into all these accounts.

If you log out of the Launcher with your old Runescape accounts, you won't be able to log back in. Support for Runescape account logins was removed on 7th November, see this news article for details:
Jagex Accounts: Next Steps
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

11-Dec-2023 14:47:47

TheHarshErik

TheHarshErik

@YtHaar-Mej
"and separate Jagex Accounts will not able to be merged into one Jagex Account in future either by you or by Jagex staff intervention."

I didn't ask for them to be integrated.. the whole idea here is for them to not to be. The launcher itself should support handling multiple jagex accounts, like it did runescape accounts. Also you are simply wrong about there not being a solution/workaround.

@asahel frost

Yes I realized that, however it's still possible to use runescape game client to log into runescape accounts..

@Ladyolake

I tried it RS3 is too heavy of a game to run with a virtual machine.. I get like 2 fps

28-Dec-2023 22:48:40 - Last edited on 28-Dec-2023 23:28:18 by TheHarshErik

TheHarshErik

TheHarshErik

I have upgraded 2 more accounts to jagex account.. so now I have 3 jagex accounts... but I figured it out, I have a solution for everyone else who wants to keep his accounts separate.

Here is how to run 2 or more jagex accounts on same pc:

0: Make sure the "secondary logon" service is enabled and running. By default it is.
1. Create a new windows account(offline account) and put a password on it(required)
2. Make a new txt file type in:

runas /savecred /user:"YOUR 2ND WINDOWS ACCOUNT" "PATH TO JAGEX LAUNCHER"

Example:

runas /savecred /user:"dark2" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jagex Launcher\JagexLauncher.exe"

3. Save as "Player2.bat" Make sure you change the extension to bat
4. Run jagex launcher as normal and run the game
5. Go to task manager and kill the Jagex launcher. Exiting the launcher normally doesn't always fully terminate the program.
6. Run the file you created earlier Player2.bat file*
7. Login with to your 2nd jagex account and run it.
8. if you have more then two accounts, you will need one extra windows account for each of them and a dedicated batch file
9. Bonus: To make killing the Jagex launcher easier add

taskkill /IM "JagexLauncher.exe" /F

Before, not after.

Here is an example of the batch file that first kills and then runs jagex launcher on your 2nd windows account:

taskkill /IM "JagexLauncher.exe" /F
runas /savecred /user:"dark2" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jagex Launcher\JagexLauncher.exe"

This way it should be the least frustrating to run multiple accounts, separate from each other.
____

*Note: on the first time you will be prompted to enter the password of your 2nd windows account you created earlier(not jagex password) in cmd, type it and press enter. The launcher will run. It will probably update before you can use it. If it doesn't come back on it's own, simply kill it again with task manager, then run the batch file again.

28-Dec-2023 23:03:24 - Last edited on 28-Dec-2023 23:17:38 by TheHarshErik

Quick find code: 408-409-589-66291635 Back to Top