Forums

Recovery appeal to wrong email

Quick find code: 408-409-579-66293328

Gorjonkoth

Gorjonkoth

Posts: 80 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In trying to access an old rs account I know the username and password of both the rs account as well as the email.
My problem is that my authenticator method is completely unusable on both platforms with no other method of recovery.

I sent a recovery request following Jagex's instructions but at the end of it all:

"We're now processing your appeal, and will email you at ....(INACCESSIBLE EMAIL).... shortly with the results."

What will happen? Do I just attempt to log in runescape in a few days?

(as this was an old account it was through the legacy method, I've never used the Jagex Launcher)
Working on Max F2P (1770 Total)

18-Jan-2024 03:25:53 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2024 03:28:01 by Gorjonkoth

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Gorjonkoth

When you do a recovery, you need to put an email you have access to in the top two boxes on the form.
It asks you to put an email they can reply to you on, then retype that email in the 2nd box.

If you have put the old inaccessible email in there, you need to submit another recovery.

Note: you won't be able to submit another recovery until the first one is dealt with.
Try sending another recovery. If you get an error message about the recovery, you will then know the first one isn't dealt with yet and you will need to wait awhile before trying again.
Recovery forms are processed within 24 hours.

Make sure you mention the old email on your recovery form, in 'Other Comments'. Just don't put it at the top of the form.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

18-Jan-2024 04:03:43

Gorjonkoth

Gorjonkoth

Posts: 80 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.

It asks you to put an email they can reply to you on, then retype that email in the 2nd box.

Oh really, I thought it meant the rs account email.
Isn't there a chance that if they accept this one they will reject the second as it is a repeat recovery (as a precaution).

So I guess whatever I put in the old one in comments I should replicate as best as possible.
Working on Max F2P (1770 Total)

18-Jan-2024 04:10:50

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex need to be able to reply to you about the recovery, if you don't give them an email they can reply to you on the recovery is wasted.

A successful recovery will allow you to reset both the email and the password.
"Do I just attempt to log in runescape in a few days?"
won't work because the password needs to be reset via the confirmation email they send out when the recovery is successful.
You cannot set the same password. It has to be changed.

Will a successful first recovery affect a second recovery sent immediately after?
No.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

18-Jan-2024 04:26:31

Quick find code: 408-409-579-66293328 Back to Top