Forums

Jagex Help Needed w/ Perm Mute

Quick find code: 408-409-502-66290517

PvM Sasuke

PvM Sasuke

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm posting today on behalf of my main account, RSN: Nexer Sasuke. A few months back I was manually perm muted by a JMod with no evidence given. I suspect this was a targeted attack against me by a rival clan, as I run a prominent friends chat and clan on OSRS, and there was some drama with another clan, but all that aside, I truly don't believe I deserved a perm mute, I don't even know what it is I said, the fact that mutes normally show evidence is of course to educate the offending player and teach them what they did wrong and to not do it again. I WANT to know what I said so I can improve as a community member and as a person, but Jagex does not want to show me what I did wrong.

All I'm asking for is a 2nd chance, as a leader of two clans essentially, with an actual clan and a friends chat with thousands of players who use it, it's a huge disservice to the communities I'm involved in for me to be perm muted like this. It has greatly hindered my gameplay experience and I'm a 15 year veteran of this game with very few blemishes on my record in the past 10 years, I had a bulk of mutes from 2008-2011 but since 2013 and the launch of Old School my record has had very few and far between issues. I think this perm mute is only maybe my 4th mute ever in 12 years. I'm 15 year caped on RS3, Max caped on OSRS, have been a member for almost the entire past 15 years with few breaks, and am about as veteran of a player as you can get, I still play daily for hours at a time and am currently trying to enjoy Leagues 4, as much as possible while being perm muted anyways.

Anyways this is just my plea for a resolution. I don't think me being perm muted is good for anyone, it certainly isn't good for me and it isn't good for my friends and clanmates either, I get PMs from long time friends or messages from clan members who I am simply no longer able to talk to if I don't have them added on Discord or another account, I feel bad because they probably think I'm ignoring them.

17-Nov-2023 08:19:16 - Last edited on 17-Nov-2023 08:20:58 by PvM Sasuke

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
PvM Sasuke

If you have an appeal available, use it.
If you have used the appeal and not been successful in getting the mute removed, there is no advice we can give that will change the situation.

The most a rival clan can do is report your account but they can't force a punishment. The judgement on that is up to Jagex.
A report from a rival clan would have gone nowhere if the account had been within acceptable chat parameters.
For information about what is considered unacceptable read the INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE OR BEHAVIOUR section in the 'Rules of RuneScape' (linked at the bottom of this page).
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

17-Nov-2023 08:56:26

Quick find code: 408-409-502-66290517 Back to Top