Forums

Feedback Jagex Acc/Launcher Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-48-66281049

Ferrari Lol1
Apr Member 2023

Ferrari Lol1

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi,
I have issues creating my jagex account with that email provider I'm also using to get informations before and thats not yahoo which should be fixed yet.

Also today I tried to use the jagex luncher as normal after I set up my jagex account with another email adresse (not needed if the other works).

I had to reset my password several times, the launcher crashed and would not load.

I faced several issues today, which I was not happy about. :|

Eventhough you can't get in touch with support or anything, you have to handle it by yourself.

I hope I'll get an answer and can give some feedback to the tech guys @jagex.

Please fix it.

01-Jun-2023 19:14:58

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Ferrari Lol1

Have you tried fully logging out of the Launcher then logging back in?
If that doesn't help, have you tried uninstalling the Launcher then reinstalling it?

If uninstalling/reinstalling the Launcher still doesn't help, the problem may be one of not using the correct login.
The problems with Yahoo are resolved now.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

04-Jun-2023 14:42:34

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ferrari Lol1 said :
... Just wondering why I can't use the same email I use for the purchase ect. ...
to stay safe from phishers
... is the most obvious reason as many players do have 'very old' email-addresses that date from the early days of RuneScape and are in many ways quite vulnerable or have been victim of data-hacks/hijacks throughout the years.

If you purchase something the other party already do know your email address.
Should you use the same address as your login others are already half way guessing. Emails used for purchases never follow a safe path, a safe path Jagex/JMods will use for login in in '
Jagex Launcher
'.

You also have to separate your credentials from your daily used email to make it hard to figure out what your credentials are, thus hard to hack/hijack. Divide and conquer.

Also, '
fresh new email with 2-step authentication
' are the ones that make it unable for scammers/lurers in RuneScape/OldSchool RuneScape to guess your '
new credentials
' ... so keep this information safe and unshared with anyone, even your own family.

15-Jun-2023 12:23:37

Quick find code: 408-409-48-66281049 Back to Top