Forums

account perm ban Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-454-66289249

g0v3rn

g0v3rn

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hey there, i have an account that got permanent banned in 2013, which was during the time i took a long break from runescape. i recently remembered i had this account and wanted to make the osr version of it for lower level pking. specifically, targetting bots at rev caves and players i am too high leveled to attack normally. i tried to log into the account and predictably i could not remember the pin to it. i went through the process of resetting the pin, which was sent to the email i had at taht time and still do use. when i try to log in, i see that it has been banned on October 10, 2013 for 1 count of website advertising and 2 counts of rwt botting.

i know it was not me that did it since i was not even playing runescape at the time due to the previously mentioned break and the nature of the offences does point to it being hacked and botted on to hell and back. would it be possible to have this account reviewed and possibly unbanned?

if it helps, i still have access to the email linked to the account. i was just hesitant to link this account to my jagex account because i was not sure how the addition of a banned account to my jagex account would affect my other accounts tied to the jagex account.

second question:
when i login to the account, it says no character name set, how would the name of the account be purged?

i would like to have this account unbanned, please help me!

25-Oct-2023 01:53:17

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
g0v3rn

I am sorry but I doubt very much if you will be able to get the ban removed.
Several years ago, Jagex removed all pre-2018 bans from accounts that had appealable offences.
If the old ban remains, it means your old account was not considered eligible for the mass ban removal i.e. the offence it was banned for could not be appealed.

second question:
Years ago Jagex removed display names from inactive accounts. They did this to put the names back into the name pool for others to select.
Normally a returning player is asked to set a new display name at their first game login. However, you won't be able to do this if the account is banned.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

25-Oct-2023 02:15:06

g0v3rn

g0v3rn

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ah, rip. sadly what i was expecting to hear, but was sorta hoping there would be a way to get it overturned or something. im not saying the ban was not justified. it probably was 100%. but it was obviously hacked and botted on, so maybe that might be a good reason to maybe for a mod to take a look at it? idk how to go about that though

25-Oct-2023 02:23:42

Wassep
Jul Member 2022

Wassep

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
ah, rip. sadly what i was expecting to hear, but was sorta hoping there would be a way to get it overturned or something. im not saying the ban was not justified. it probably was 100%. but it was obviously hacked and botted on, so maybe that might be a good reason to maybe for a mod to take a look at it? idk how to go about that though

Unfortunately if the ban is not appealable (indicated by the "appeal" next to the ban then there isn't anything that can be done. Sorry :(
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

25-Oct-2023 05:37:16

Soboh
Jul Member 2023

Soboh

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hey there, i got permanently banned from first ever report, i think in this situation i should take at least 3 days of chance. like everyone else.
i know i made a mistake about botting and used auto clicker for like 2 hours like a bastard.
but i wish u can give me another chance. its been like a year and a half. from 22/4/2022.
im very sorry and wish you give me another chance like everyone else.

Please reply me about this case

and show me something to be logic about this report. another chance!
Someone (Mod) help me out with my account please!!!!

15-Nov-2023 14:39:57

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
At the bottom of the website you are able to find 2 links ...

1.) '
Rules of RuneScape
'
2.) '
Terms & Conditions
'

In those 2 extended files you will find all rules & regulations as well as do's and don'ts ...

From the '
Rules of RuneScape
'

-----------------

MACROING AND THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE/HARDWARE

People also call this ‘botting.' It means using software or hardware that can help you play the game with the software or hardware doing things for you that you should be doing yourself. Our games are meant to be played by humans - if you cheat, you are likely to be banned,
even if it is the first time you have broken the rules

-----------------

Appeal an offence ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for more information.

-----------------

Offences can be appealed once, if your appeal is denied the decision is final.

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable,
it means that the Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct
and that the account's user is liable for the activity, so no further appeal is invited.

15-Nov-2023 17:37:49

The contents of this message have been hidden

10-Dec-2023 13:06:41

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,111 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Arabique very few macro bans are temp.

I think it was less than 10 percent.

most macro bans are perm first time. You took a chance you got banned.

start a new account and play fair.

Jagex doesnt show what causes a macro ban as it might help bot makers get
around the detection system.

You just need to move on. play fair and live with consequences of your actions.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

10-Dec-2023 16:53:13

Quick find code: 408-409-454-66289249 Back to Top