Forums

Banned Account Physetric

Quick find code: 408-409-450-66289075

SirWooxie
Mar Member 2023

SirWooxie

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is an old account of mine it was banned years ago. It was a botted account, not for RWT purposes or gold farming but for my own personal gain. I submitted an appeal to Jmods to have the account restored. I admitted to botting and asked for forgiveness and the account back. Only to get told the ban was applied properly as the account was botting, and appeal would be denied. I want a JMOD to give me an explanation as to how that's an appropriate response when i admitted to it and asked for forgiveness, and how they continue to release bans on RWTers and gold farmers and sellers. I get what i did was against game rules, but if you're going to give an appeal process and its been years and the mistake you made was admitted to and apologized for how is the response nope you botted ban stays and yet tons of other accounts get unbanned. I mean its not like botting/macroing is not an appealable offense Twitch***/sirwooxie

21-Oct-2023 03:26:59 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2023 03:30:43 by SirWooxie

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
SirWooxie

How old is the ban? All macro bans dated earlier than 2018 would have been removed a couple of years ago when Jagex did a mass macro ban removal, returning the accounts to the game.
Any macro bans more recent than that missed out on the mass ban removal and Jagex haven't repeated the act.
If the ban is older, it may have been an MPB (manual permanent ban) which missed out too.

"I want a JMOD to give me an explanation as to how that's an appropriate response"

Sorry, the forums are player run and for players to talk to other players. We haven't seen a JMod in this forum section in over two months and it is extremely unlikely a JMod will see or read your thread.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

21-Oct-2023 05:07:33

SirWooxie
Mar Member 2023

SirWooxie

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The ban was applied 10/2019. is there anyway that i can get a jmod to actually look into this, i just dont understand if i admitted the mistake appologized why they would respond the way they did Twitch***/sirwooxie

22-Oct-2023 03:31:42

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MACROING AND THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE/HARDWARE

People also call this ‘botting.' It means using software or hardware that can help you play the game with the software or hardware doing things for you that you should be doing yourself. Our games are meant to be played by humans - if you cheat, you are likely to be banned, even if it is the first time you have broken the rules.

The people and companies who make cheating software do not care about your game account. They may lie to you and say that the software they offer ‘can not be detected‘ or is ‘ban proof’. This is not true. Jagex employ a team of people whose job it is to identify when players are cheating and the same team are always improving the tools they use so that all types of cheating can be detected.

If you have any doubt that something you are thinking of using could be considered breaking this rule our advice is to not use it. Play the game yourself, making sure you are in control of everything. It is simply not worth taking the risk.

FURTHER DETAIL

Note: Our rules are written in clear language so that everybody can understand them easily. However, IN THIS SECTION, we’ve used some technical words and explanations because it is necessary to explain exactly what is not allowed in software.

Software that is not allowed includes anything that:

- Tries to interact with our game worlds without logging in.
- Tries to look at or change the communications between your device and our game worlds.
- Performs things in-game for you that you're meant to be doing yourself.
- Changes parts of our game.
Copying the code we use to run our games is not allowed. Using edited versions of our game code is not allowed. Other software that shows pages or content from our website(s) must not be used to go to our website unless the software follows all of our other rules.

continued ...

23-Oct-2023 08:38:21

2_Tron

2_Tron

continued ...

- Repeatedly asks for information from our website or is extremely demanding on our website.
Each page on our website should only load if you open the page yourself.
- Gets around the normal steps used to log in.
Any software should make sure you log in as normal to reach a game world.
- Hides or supports the hiding of any of the adverts on our website.

- Tries to make it easier to enter a busy game world than it would be for users not using the software.

- Has its own chat feature separate from our game chat that does not follow our rules.
If the software has a chat function, then it should make it very clear to users that this chat is not part of our games and is not official, supported by, or moderated by Jagex Limited ("Jagex" ) This chat should still be moderated (just not by us), and the moderators should not allow chat that does not follow our rules set out on this page. Silver or gold crowns should also only be used to identify moderators in the official game chat.
- Uses any of the unacceptable features specifically banned in our Message About Unofficial Clients
which can be found
here

This is the response Jagex/JMods have been giving The RuneScape Community from the very early beginning of RuneScape and always will be giving even before you start to play.

23-Oct-2023 08:45:07

2_Tron

2_Tron

Appeal an offence ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
'.

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable, it means that the Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct and that the account's user is liable for the activity, so no further appeal is invited.

(edit) ... I advise you to visit both links at the bottom of this webpage where it says '
Rules of RuneScape
' and '
Terms & Conditions
' where you may find all information about what is allowed and what is prohibited.

23-Oct-2023 08:47:43 - Last edited on 23-Oct-2023 08:50:53 by 2_Tron

Quick find code: 408-409-450-66289075 Back to Top