Forums

Got hacked, anything I can do?

Quick find code: 408-409-427-66287994

Magus Locke

Magus Locke

Posts: 941 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm guessing the answer is going to be a resounding "no", but figured I oughta at least ask.

Came back to the game after almost 10 years, got my account recovered, all good. Only to find out that somehow, my bank pin has been removed, and the bank (and coin pouch) emptied, and (thank you, sales history!) a large amount of my money was turned into raw sharks. For reasons. I don't know why someone would want half a billion coins in sharks, but I'm sure that's between the hacker and their therapist.

Is there anything at all I can do to appeal, and to get my stuff back? Since my best guess for *when* it happened, is sometime between summer of 2014 and now.

28-Sep-2023 17:36:48

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Magus Locke.

I'm afraid you cannot get the items returned. Sounds as though your account didn't end up banned though, which is the fate of a lot of hijacked accounts.

You'll have to rebuild your bank, which shouldn't be difficult with your levels. Just view it as another Runescape challenge.
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

28-Sep-2023 18:50:26

Magus Locke

Magus Locke

Posts: 941 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Drats. And thank you for answering - I was waiting to do any trading, just in case I had a chance to prove my case with the sales history. Time to go get seed coins and start day trading again I guess!

What pisses me off most, is that they sold my Guthix cape. I had that cape since I first started earning money with cow hides, it saw me through all my dungeons, and now it's gone because someone is too inept to actually *play* the game, but needed to steal from actual gamers.

28-Sep-2023 19:37:17

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,111 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome back Magus Locke!!!

pm me in game if you need help with things. I dont have lots of gp but maybe could help with some pots etc if those were taken.

not sure when you last logged in but alot changed. shoot alot changes with each week.
so if you do need help with knowledge.. i can help with answers.. Except mondays... the answers on mondays are 100m but any other day are free. :)

ladyolake
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

28-Sep-2023 23:22:22

Quick find code: 408-409-427-66287994 Back to Top