Forums

Is it true?

Quick find code: 408-409-397-66282820

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is it true that soon there will be no way of playing this game if you are not connected to some "Jagex Account"? And if so, does that Jagex Account have to have the authenticator abled?

In other words, if I have an alternate (f2p) that is not on my Jagex Account, will I continue to be able to play the game with it? Or will I lose it ?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

30-Jun-2023 01:27:52

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe that is Jagex' intention, to eventually make a Jagex Account the only way to log in.

I don't know whether Jagex intend to make Authenticator use compulsory.
However there is a very strong push towards increasing security and Authenticator is a key part of that.
The use of Authenticator should not be set aside.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

30-Jun-2023 01:57:33

Pinguicula

Pinguicula

Posts: 10,433 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jodie said :
...In other words, if I have an alternate (f2p) that is not on my Jagex Account, will I continue to be able to play the game with it? Or will I lose it ?

Your meaning of "lose it" in your last question is vague. Maybe I can add some clarity. If I've understood correctly, the account won't be gone forever, not deleted for example, but if Jagex proceeds with their plans then eventually the account will still exist but won't be playable unless you attach it to a Jagex account.

Use of 2 factor authentication is becoming all around more important online these days.

30-Jun-2023 05:06:11 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2023 05:10:08 by Pinguicula

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The account will never vanish once the process completes. The ability to login directly will be removed. So logging into the website will likely just send you over to the transfer page to create a jagex account, or log into an existing to import it over.

The game will have the old login portal disabled and require going through the launcher.

They'll never make it so you just lose it, people come back to the game after years and need a way to import over to continue playing. Wont be any different for active players with alts needing to convert over.

2FA authentication is mandatory on Jagex Accounts, you cannot disable it at all. You'll either have the email method, or the code generator + backup codes, or both. Accounts will never be accessible without one of those 2 methods.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

30-Jun-2023 14:53:06

Quick find code: 408-409-397-66282820 Back to Top