Forums

BEEN HACKED WITH AUTHENTICOR

Quick find code: 408-409-381-66292771

Biggie TCG
Jan Member 2024

Biggie TCG

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I HAVE COME BACK FROM A BREAK OF PLAYING WHILE IVE BEEN BUSY WITH REAL LIFE, I COME BACK TODAY TO FIND THAT MY ACCOUNT LOGGED IN 1 DAY 15 HOURS AND 30 MINS AGO TO FIND MY WHOLE BANK CLEANED AND STOOD IN THE WILDY. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE WITH 2FA SET UP NO LINKED STEAM ACCOUNTS OR AMAZON NOTHING, I HAVE SECUIRTY ALERTS SET UP FOR THE EMAIL THE PASSWORDS USED ARE DIFFERENT AND THE EMAIL ADDRESS IS ONLY USED FOR RUNESCAPE. IM SICK TO DEATH OF BEEN HACKED AND LOSING EVEYTHING I WORK FOR ON THE GAME, IF I CANT SORT THIS OUT ILL BE QUITTING FOR GOOD. BRING BACK THE IP ADDRESS WHEN YOU LOG IN SO YOU CAN TRACK THEM ATLEAST.

07-Jan-2024 13:49:30

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,414 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It sounds like this has happened more than once as tou said you are sick to death of this happening

Security is only good from the account holder makes it. And by sounds of it if this isnt the only time you have been hacked you are triggering something to make these security features not work.

There are many ways hackers can bypass all this. But they only can if you give them that access somehow. Not saying you did it on purpose as hackers set these up on purpose to be decieving.

But if this has happened to you more than once which it sounds like. You do need to be more careful on where you go on internet. Do a scan on your computer
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

07-Jan-2024 18:56:28

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Grass Laef

Looking at the hijack the key clues are:
* password not changed
* you were on a break
* Authenticator breached

Were you on a short break? meaning less than 30 days since your last login?
Is your Authenticator set to ask for a code only every 30 days?
Auth isn't breached if that is so. The hijacker is still using the Auth code you entered sometime within the past 30 days.
You need to set your Auth to ask for a code at EVERY login.

How long since you last changed your password?
Make sure you set a unique password that you don't use on any other web login.

How long since you last did a security scan of your computer?
If it has been more than a few weeks, you need to do a thorough one right away as I believe your hijacker has remote access to your computer.

I recommend you upgrade your account to a Jagex Account.
The Jagex Account is more secure than the legacy RuneScape accounts and will immediately solve the security issues you have been experiencing.

Information about upgrading is here: Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

07-Jan-2024 22:57:35 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2024 23:01:50 by Malua

Quick find code: 408-409-381-66292771 Back to Top