Forums

Character Names, Lost Forever?

Quick find code: 408-409-32-66292908

Graciousness
Jan Member 2024

Graciousness

Posts: 104 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all,

Firstly, I do apologise as this may be a frequent request made. Secondly, I am very curious about inactive accounts.

I attempted to change my own username and received this response: Name rejected. When adding the username, I have this response: Unable to add friend - unknown player. This baffled me because a various amount of other names would immediately be added to my list of friends although several dozen were not.

I have just noticed my username was released into the wild and taken since I've recently come back. I remember emailing Jagex in 2013 and I received a response within 23 days about a specific name that I was after to which they offered it to me. I am not sure if that's changed but I would absolutely be grateful for a username that I get to look at and smile about.
Follower of The Way —The only way to eternal life.

10-Jan-2024 12:22:26

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
matthewpker

If the name is not able to be added to your friends list and it also isn't able to be selected, it means it has been removed from the game by Jagex.
There are quite a few reasons why Jagex would remove a name from use.
It does mean that the name will never be available again. :(

If you were offered a name in 2013, you should have jumped at the offer.
It is extremely unusual and rare to be offered a specific name and it is something they no longer do. I am surprised you had an offer in 2013. :O
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

10-Jan-2024 13:05:03

Graciousness
Jan Member 2024

Graciousness

Hi! Thank you incredibly for your response. I unfortunately decided on ‘Exorcism’ in 2013 instead of ‘Bank’. I try not to live in regret although I do contemplate about my poor decision making :D I was young and still maturing. I guess I’ll have to keep trying for something but it’s quite disheartening to see bot scripts that take names in an unrealistic manner of time. Follower of The Way —The only way to eternal life.

10-Jan-2024 21:10:18 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2024 21:12:00 by Graciousness

Graciousness
Jan Member 2024

Graciousness

Whenever something good is created, there will always be an opposite effect that ruins it for the rest :( am I able to retrieve my old username back since my account was hijacked and the name was transferred? Follower of The Way —The only way to eternal life.

11-Jan-2024 00:24:54 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2024 00:27:29 by Graciousness

Quick find code: 408-409-32-66292908 Back to Top