Forums

Hacked

Quick find code: 408-409-316-66286609

Pierasenko
Aug Member 2023

Pierasenko

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey.. I’m a new player, created my account like 1 month ago. Now i have big issue with my account log in, someone is having access to my account and is clearing my bank everytime. Today was third time that i came to play (yesterday lasted logged out). After log in, game is saying that i has been logged in 3 hours ago.
I left my account in some forest, and now logged in my account was in GE and whole bank was cleared once again.
I have done everything what comes to security -> changed password, two times, authenticator, changed email, created bank pin, secured my email and PC. No one knows my passwords / bank pin.
Can someone please check my osrs account what is going on… So frustrating…..

06-Sep-2023 16:24:59

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,111 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Make sure to look and see if anyone has added any links to your account such as to
facebook etc.

That is a common way they can continue to gain access. But still would not show the
original hijack.

Is your password changed? if so they have access to your email. Is your authenticator taken off? if so they have access to your email.

Also put 2fa on your email to keep it safe too. Your email is the front door key to your account.
So your email needs to be just as secure as your account is.

i hope this helps
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

06-Sep-2023 17:18:54

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan Crouser,
the full security review instructions are: Security tips

It sounds to me like someone has set up a backdoor third party login to your account (Google, Apple, Facebook, Steam etc.). You should check the 'Linked Accounts' tab in account management and unlink any account you see (including your own) Click on 'Manage Steam' to check for a linked Steam account. If the only linked account you see is your own, it means your account on its other website is insecure and you should head over there to do a security review as well.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

06-Sep-2023 23:07:13

Quick find code: 408-409-316-66286609 Back to Top