Forums

need info please

Quick find code: 408-409-301-66281157

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm still getting use to having the new "Jagex Account". I have my main and all 4 alternates on it now. Only my main is in members. The alternates are all f2p; and all were set up in 2003...maybe 2004. I've been told by friends in game that there is no trade limitation with regard to coins and other items because these characters were set up during those 2 years. Is this accurate? (I do know "members" items cannot be traded to an f2p account. At lease I think this is true.)

Questions:
1. I bought some bonds with real money ("not" from GE in game). Can these bonds be given to my f2p alternates? If so, how is it done? Do the f2p characters need to be members before the trade could take place? If need to be a member, how do I get the bond to it so it can become a member using that bond?

2. I'm learning how to make money and am wondering about storing some of it on my alternate accounts since trading with self-owned characters is legal now as for as Jagex is concerned. Is there a limit as to how much the f2p characters can hold? A limit as to how much an f2p character can trade to the other f2p characters? A limit as to how much an f2p character can trade to a member character?

I know I sound like a noob even though I've been playing this game over 20 yrs; so please have patience with me. Thank you
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

03-Jun-2023 03:55:45

Wassep
Jul Member 2022

Wassep

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Jodie,

Question 1: Any bond you buy with real money is tradable and then after traded once, it will only be able to be sold at the GE.

Question 2: There is a limit on f2p trades, however as far as how much money they can hold? It's still the max cash cap, like a membership account. I believe the F2P limit as of now is 25k per hour. If you created the accounts way before this was a thing, you might have that removed, you can test it by seeing if you can give more than 25k an hour to your other account(s).

In addition, all the information about bonds can be found here .
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

03-Jun-2023 16:26:53

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for responding Terian.

I did test the limit of coin trade and all but 1 of my f2p had no limit. (I'm guessing this one was created after 2004.) It cannot even trade over 25k with other f2p accounts. Friends tell me I can have this trade limit removed by putting that f2p into members, even for a short time. So I'm considering doing this, though may not. Still not sure how to do this.

Can I go to f2p world and trade one of my bonds to this character? Then how does this character get to be a member? Does it trade the bond at the GE? For what? Does GE sell membership? (As you can see I've never shared a bond with any character before...not even any member. So I'm very ignorant as to how to get this done. And I am such a "concrete" thinker that I need step-by-step as to how to do it. EXAMPLE: Go to f2p world, trade bond with f2p account. Then take that f2p account to the bank and let it sell the bond to get membership???
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

03-Jun-2023 16:49:19

Wassep
Jul Member 2022

Wassep

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Thanks for responding Terian.

I did test the limit of coin trade and all but 1 of my f2p had no limit. (I'm guessing this one was created after 2004.) It cannot even trade over 25k with other f2p accounts. Friends tell me I can have this trade limit removed by putting that f2p into members, even for a short time. So I'm considering doing this, though may not. Still not sure how to do this.

Can I go to f2p world and trade one of my bonds to this character? Then how does this character get to be a member? Does it trade the bond at the GE? For what? Does GE sell membership? (As you can see I've never shared a bond with any character before...not even any member. So I'm very ignorant as to how to get this done. And I am such a "concrete" thinker that I need step-by-step as to how to do it. EXAMPLE: Go to f2p world, trade bond with f2p account. Then take that f2p account to the bank and let it sell the bond to get membership???

You are most welcome! You indeed can trade it to your other account on a F2P world, simply by putting it in a trade window. Once your other character has it, you just click it and select redeem membership, and you are set. If you want to sell it instead, then once traded, put it on the GE after (note the GE tax will apply here). You just gotta click the bond and it'll give you the redemption options, (membership, RuneCoin, etc.), then you select whatever you want.
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

03-Jun-2023 18:11:50

Quick find code: 408-409-301-66281157 Back to Top