The contents of this message have been hidden

11-Apr-2023 20:28:53

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Captan Pain

Firstly, you need to edit your post above and remove your email from view. We are not permitted to post personal emails in the forums as it is public here.

I have to admit, I didn't think it was possible to override a link by linking another account. I always thought you would get an error message saying your Facebook account already had a RuneScape account linked.

You won't be able to change that other RuneScape account login email. But you will be able to use your same email to log into BEASTW0LF7 by tweaking the email address a bit.
Instructions: Use the same login email for different accounts

To solve the login problem, use the 'Contact Us' button on the Forgotten login support page as you need manual assistance from a JMod to get this problem fixed.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

11-Apr-2023 23:18:13

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Hey guys this is about my main account BEASTW0LF7 that was lost due to a mistake i made of linking my account to Facebook. I'll start from the beginning, I created BEASTW0LF7 via Facebook 2 years ago in July 2021 and have been playing regularly since September 2022, I was planning on registering the account with my email [Edited] as its annoying to login via Facebook and Jagex launcher no longer supports the direct login via Facebook. So, I enter my details to register my Email and a message prompts saying the email already has an account linked, I might have started this in 2021 but never even set a name as it was convenient for me to login via Facebook on RuneScape mobile, I login to my account that's connected to my email ID and see that there's an account with "no name set" I go into account settings> Linked accounts and link Facebook to it expecting my Facebook account (BEASTW0LF7) to be Linked to the email instead the "no name set" account got linked to the Facebook. I didn't know that could happen, atleast it could ask me for my Facebook password, right? It directly Linked the account!!!. I am trying to reach out to Facebook support but it's all automated and there's no option for game account recovery on it, I tried to contact for human support but still haven't heard back after 5 days. I explained the situation to Jagex via email and the Mods keep saying "Login via Facebook and follow these steps to Link your registered email account" like I hadn't thought of that. I even asked them to take my credentials and link from the backend if it was possible, they kept saying the same thing "Login via Facebook......." I completed a lot of quests and spent a lot of time on this account please help me recover this account. My Facebook id is [Edited] and email ID is [Edited] please contact me for any further details required for the recovery of the account.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

12-Apr-2023 00:20:52

Captan Pain

Captan Pain

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Malua, Yes I see that the post has been edited and I was unaware that we aren't supposed to post our email Id but I'll keep that in mind. I used the 'Contact Us' button on the Forgotten login support page but none of the moderators are helping with the problem and I repeatedly keep receiving the same response stating "how to login via Facebook" or "how to link your Registered Email to your account" there is no way to recover the account. Even the hope on Facebook is fading away as they haven't responded yet. Can a Moderator please help with this issue? I am sure there is something you can do to recover the account.

12-Apr-2023 08:38:04

Quick find code: 408-409-278-66278171 Back to Top